Sausage and egg lovers now have an easy and quick Keto breakfast idea they can enjoy! Our Cajun Sausage Breakfast Scramble combines the iconic flavors of Jambalaya into a cheesy egg dish that you can enjoy for breakfast or any meal of the day. Maybe even as an after gym snack.
We’re happy to bring you this delicious breakfast combo that leaves a burst of beautiful flavors in your mouth. What a fantastic way to start your day; with tons of protein and flavors!
This Cajun Sausage Scrambles combines the iconic flavors of Jambalaya into a cheesy egg dish that you can enjoy anytime of day.
How long will Cajun Sausage Breakfast Scramble last for?
This Keto breakfast recipe can maintain its flavors in the refrigerator for up to four days. Make sure you have the proper airtight and clean containers so the Keto Cajun breakfast scramble can retain its freshness.
Can Cajun Sausage Breakfast Scramble be frozen?
Yes, you can freeze the Cajun sausage breakfast scramble. Store properly in an airtight container, or put it inside a freezer bag. If you opt for freezer bag storage, wrap leftovers in a layer of aluminum foil as an additional protective layer. Your keto breakfast will maintain its taste and quality for up to six months. The earlier you thaw and enjoy, the better it will taste. You can refrigerate the breakfast scramble again after thawing and reheating.
Keto Cajun Sausage Breakfast Scramble Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon unsalted butter, or vegetable oil
• 6 oz Louisiana style, andouille sausage (see note)*
• 1 cup chopped onions
• 1 cup chopped celery
• 1 cup chopped bell peppers
• 8 large eggs
• 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning blend (see note)*
• ½ cup half & half
• 1 ¼ cup cheddar cheese
How do you make Cajun Sausage Breakfast Scramble?
Cajun Sausage Breakfast Scramble looks amazing, but this savory Keto breakfast takes less than 20 minutes to cook. Now that you know, we bet this is your new favorite breakfast!
The process is quick and easy. Start by cutting the sausages into bite sizes, then melt half a tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the diced sausage to the melted butter in the skillet and sauté until hot. When ready, remove the sausage from the skillet and transfer into a clean bowl. Then put bell peppers, celery, and onions into the skillet. Cook and occasionally stir for about three minutes until the onions soften. Add the cooked vegetable to sausage, then set aside. Doesn’t that smell good?!
Now for the eggs. Whisk them in a large bowl while combining you half and half spice blend until it is well-blended.. Put the remaining butter in the skillet and melt over medium heat, then reduce heat to low. Scramble the eggs until they become soft. Add half of the cheese, then toss in the sausage and vegetables. Continue stirring and cooking until the cheese begins melting. Once the cheese melts, you’re ready to divvy up or serve to enjoy!
How to portion Cajun Sausage Breakfast Scramble?
When your Keto Cajun breakfast scramble cools, sprinkle the remaining cheese over scramble. Reheating the scramble in the microwave makes the cheese melt. Then distribute the sausage breakfast scramble into four equal portions into our Good Cook® Meal Prep Bowls.
More Sausage and Eggs meal prep recipes:
Other tips for making Cajun Sausage Breakfast Scramble:
- To save time, prepare all the ingredients separately before you start cooking.
- Check the sausage ingredient label to ensure it’s Keto compliant.
- You can substitute the andouille for chorizo, but ensure you taste the dish you’re cooking to see if it requires additional seasoning.
- If serving for dinner, add a fresh green salad and serve over cauliflower rice. For breakfast, combine with gluten-free buttered sourdough toast.
- 1.5 tbs unsalted buter
- 6 ounces sausages
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup peppers chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning *listed below
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Melt ½ tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat. Add sausage. Cook until hot. Remove from skillet and transfer to clean bowl. Add onions, celery, and bell peppers to hot skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions have softened, about 3 minutes. Add cooked vegetables to bowl to sausage. Set aside
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs with spice blend and half & half until well combined. Melt remaining tablespoon of butter in skillet over medium heat. Pour egg mixture in skillet. Reduce heat to low. Scramble eggs until soft and almost set. Add half of cheese and toss in reserved sausage and vegetables. Stir together and continue to cook until cheese begins to melt. Remove from heat and divide scramble among containers.
- Once cooled, distribute remaining cheese over scramble. Cheese will melt when you reheat scramble in the microwave
- Check sausage ingredient labels to make sure it is keto-compliant. The recipe
uses Wellshire Farms Smoked Andouille Sausage
• Use seasoning blend such as Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning, McCormick
Bayou Cajun Seasoning, or Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning