How To Meal Prep : The Perfect 3 Ingredient Meal Prep Template
Are you just getting started with Meal Prep but need help with meal prep ideas? Here is the why and how to help you get started on your meal prep journey plus an easy template to think about when you’re grocery shopping or planning meals for next week.
Meal Prep 101 and a few things to consider before getting started:
- Did you write Out Your Goals?
- Weight loss
- Fat loss
- Build muscle
- Save money
- Free up time during the week
- Are these other things you need to achieve your goals?
- i.e. Workout plan, meal prep containers, fitbit, calendar reminder on your phone
- Do you have a system?
- Meal prepping doesn’t have to be done on Sunday night! Some people work night shifts, some people have weekends off… this needs to be a plan that fits your lifestyle. Sometimes, just simply having a few ready-to-go meals available, but having the flexibility to pick what to eat on the fly, is the best strategy.
Step 1: Plan Your Meals
Make sure each meal includes a balance of lean protein, carbohydrates (starch), and vegetable. One suggestion is, 2-3 days before your meal prep day, email yourself a list of meals that you will want to eat the next week. When you go shopping, just buy for those meals. This will save you money in the store because you won’t be overrun with impulse buys.
NOTE: It’s also important to include one of the healthy fats listed below.
*Cutlet, ground, strips, etc. Try to look for options that are 93% – 99% lean.
Plant-Based Protein Options:
Rice (brown, white, jasmine, black, wild grain)
Potatoes (sweet, Japanese, red bliss)
Whole grain pasta
Whole grain cereal
Whole grain bread
Squash (butternut, acorn, spaghetti squash, kabocha)
Salad fixings (lettuce, tomato, cucumber, peppers, onions, etc)
Berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
Melon (cantaloupe, honeydew)
Step 2: Create your Meal Prep shopping listed based on the meals you planned
You don’t want to be mid-prep and missing an ingredient! Check what ingredients you already have on hand and then add what you are missing to your list. Check out our resource page for multiple checklists, grocery lists (low carb, whole30, paleo, gluten free, etc) , and calendars.
Step 3: Prep, prep, prep!!
Click HERE ~~~> Meal Prep Reminder <~~~ to set a calendar reminder on your phone or computer to block out 2-3 hours this weekend. One you get it on the calendar In less than 3 hours you can have a full weeks’ worth of healthy, wholesome and delicious meals ready to go!