Ultimate Guide to Meal Prep Containers
The most important part of overall wellness is nutrition. Without a balanced diet of good carbs, healthy fats, and plenty of protein, nothing else matters. Meal prepping is one of the most helpful ways to ensure that you stay on target with your wellness goals. It guarantees that you have pre-portioned, nutrient rich, foods ready and waiting for you everyday, to make eating healthy the most convenient option available to you. Pre-planning meals also help you curb hunger, by getting your body on a schedule, and also helps fight the temptation to pick up those ready to eat meals from your local gas station. By making eating healthy even more convenient, you are significantly increasing your chances for nutritional and fitness success. Meal prep containers are a vitally important aspect of meal prepping, and without quality, durable, and affordable.
Advantages of Meal Prep Containers are:
- Prераrе уоur mеаlѕ in аdvаnсе аnd ѕtасk them in уоur fridgе аt home, оr аt wоrk, for better organization.
- Lоѕе wеight аnd build muѕсlе by соntrоlling уоur роrtiоn ѕizе. Plan оut уоur mеаlѕ via аnd wаtсh thаt weight drор
- They are reusable, microwave and dish washer safe
- They are convenient for daily use such as реrѕоnаl mеаlѕ or even fоr just расking lеftоvеrѕ frоm thе dinnеr tаblе
- Meal prep containers are leak proof and help keep food fresh, longer. Well… good ones anyways
- Light-weight and Easy to transport
NOTE: Look for BPA frее fооd соntаinеrѕ that are ѕаfе fоr you аnd your fаmilу
Glass Meal Prep Containers vs. Plastic Meal Prep Containers
- Costs more, but more economical for long term
- Too heavy for travel or on-the-go eating
- Easy to clean
- Ideal if you’re concerned about plastic’s safety
- Ideal for a mobile lifestyle
- More convenient for the various sizes
- Easily disposable
Best Meal Prep Bags w/ Containers
Jaxx FitPak with Portion Control Container Set, Reusable Ice Pack, and Shaker Cup – $39.85FitMark the Envoy Backpack – $159.95
6 pack Innovator 300 Stealth – $67.47
Don’t think you need to stock your kitchen with all of these containers at once? Obviously, not! Just purchase a few different containers and see which ones you prefer. Now get to food prepping!
Do you have favorite food prep containers? Tell us n the comments below
Who else woke up early this Sunday to get a jump on their #MealPrep?! _ I woke up early this morning & went to @wholefoodsnyc for some essentials before meal prepping! love early, productive mornings! ☀ i have 3 weeks of finals coming up 😭😭😭 so i stocked up on some goodies (check out the stories!) & will be trying out some new things to fuel me through 📚📝💉 kept the meal prep fairly simple so i could start studying asap! 🔸breakfast: @simplemills banana bread 🍌🍞 🔸lunch: prepped some veggies for a daily roasted veggie bowl (brussel sprouts, carrots, sweet potatoes 🍠) 🔸dinner 1: udon stir fry (chicken 🍗, red bell pepper, green beans, corn 🌽) 🔸dinner 2: baked salmon 🐟 w broccoli & green beans, brown rice 🍚, & honeycrisp apple 🍎 🔸snacks: @siggisdairy yogurt 🍦 & fruit _ Meal Prep Credit: @fitnessfitjess