Butternut Squash Cranberry Skillet Meal Prep! Feed your soul with this warmly spiced butternut squash with tart cranberries and Whole30 sausage. A comforting and filling meal for any time of day.
Butternut squash and cranberries are two of our favorite fall flavors. We have combined them into this Butternut Squash Cranberry Skillet Meal Prep recipe paired with savory sausage to create a heart, sweet & savory, whole30 compliant breakfast recipe.
Make this for a protein packed breakfast meal prep or at home for an easy weeknight meal or even Sunday brunch. You can kick up the protein by adding in a couple hard boiled eggs too! The tartness from the cranberries, sweetness from the butternut squash and the savory sausage will have your tastebuds coming back for more.
Pro Tip: This base works amazing for a stuffing recipe! So, for those already planning their holiday menu, add this for a healthy dish at your table!
Butternut Squash Cranberry Skillet Meal Prep Ingredients:
4 cups butternut squash, cubed
2 cup cranberries
1 lb. sausage sugar and nitrate free
½ t. nutmeg
½ t. sage
½ t. dried thyme
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
Butternut Squash Cranberry Skillet Meal Prep
- 4 cups butternut squash cubed
- 2 cup cranberries fresh
- 1 pound sausage whole30 compliant, if needed
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- hard boiled eggs optional
- Add extra virgin olive oil to a large skillet and bring to medium heat.
- Add butternut squash with nutmeg, sage and thyme. Stir to combine and cook 5 minutes until softened.
- Add cranberries and sausage to the pan. Cook another 5-7 minutes to desired tenderness.
- Transfer to a meal prep container and pair with hard boiled eggs.