This One Pan Garlic & Herb Chicken Drumsticks with Patty Pan Squash meal prep recipe combines both your protein and vegetables in a single skillet. Talk about a super quick and easy one-pan meal prep recipe! All you need is a handful of ingredients to have this Whole30 compliant meal prep recipe ready in less than 40 minutes. Drumsticks, fresh herbs, ghee, and pattypan squash. That is it! Does it get any easier?
This savory, buttery herb recipe makes the perfect lunch or an easy weeknight dinner (pretty much like most recipes on here 😉 Because if we can double a recipe for more than just lunches, it is always a win in our book! You could also serve this for a family and friends weekend party meal too!
Like almost everything on MPOF, you can swap the squash for your favorite veggies such as butternut squash, kabocha, or sweet potatoes. Just make sure to adjust your cooking time as the root vegetables take longer to cook. You can also use chicken thighs, breast or even wings in place of the drumsticks if that's what you prefer. And, if you aren't following a whole30 diet, feel free to serve this with your favorite grain such as quinoa for added protein or whole grain rice.
This One Pan Garlic and Herb Chicken Drumsticks With Patty Pan Squash meal prep recipe is full of rich, buttery herb flavors with both the drumsticks and pattypan squash cooked in a single pan.
How Long Will Garlic and Herb Chicken Last For?
At room temperature, this delicious meal prep ideas recipe will last for two hours. If it’s a sweltering 91℉ plus, then it may last for about an hour. However, in the right airtight meal prep container, one pan garlic herb chicken can last for 4 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
Can this Garlic and Herb Chicken Be Frozen?
Indeed, it most certainly can be frozen. Store in an airtight freezer-safe container to savor your meal prep ideas recipe for lunch another day. In the freezer, your one pan garlic herb chicken can last for up to 4 months!
How Do You Make One-Pan Chicken?
Within the hour you can have your one pan garlic herb chicken ready to be devoured! So without further delay, let’s get started. As always, collect your food prep dishes and utensils as well as your measured ingredients.
Preheat your over to 400℉. Then heat a large nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat with some ghee. Once your ghee has melted, add your garlic and saute for a minute before adding your drumsticks to the mix. Allow the drumsticks to sear for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden all around.
Add in your chopped spices and herbs with salt and pepper for your taste. Then place in a pan to bake for 20 - 25 minutes. Remove pan to add squash and toss items to mix before returning to the oven to bake for an additional 10 minutes.
How to portion One-Pan Chicken?
This yummy meal prep ideas herb chicken treat offers 3 servings of buttery herb flavors to enjoy.
More Chicken Meal Prep Recipes
Had fun with our meal prep ideas one pan garlic herb chicken recipe? Well, guess what? There are lots more chicken meal prep ideas recipes which you may also be inspired to try. We’ll suggest these three, just to get you started.
Other Tips For Making Garlic and Herb Chicken.
- We used drumsticks for this recipe, however, you may substitute thighs or breasts if you wish to.
- Ensure that you mince and chop your seasonings so that their flavors easily infuse into the chicken and create that mouth-watering aroma.
- For a more uniformed look with your squash, trim and quarter the ends.
- After adding your squash, you may add more herbs. Also, you may allow your chicken to remain for more than ten minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165℉.
That’s all there is to it, another amazingly simple chicken meal prep ideas recipe creation. What are you waiting for? Get started with your one pan garlic herb chicken!
One Pan Garlic & Herb Chicken Drumsticks with Patty Pan Squash Ingredients:
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tbs fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3.5 cups pattypan squash, ends trimmed and quartered
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks can sub chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 2 clove garlic minced
- ⅓ cup fresh oregano chopped
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh sage minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3.5 cups patty pan squash ends trimmed and quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat a large oven-safe, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ghee to the pan. Once the ghee has melted add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add your chicken drumsticks to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your chopped herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Add your squash to the pan. Toss everything and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until your chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F
- Serve with additional herbs, if desired.