One Pan Garlic and Herb Chicken Drumsticks with Patty Pan Squash
This One Pan Garlic and Herb Chicken Drumsticks With Patty Pan Squash meal prep recipe is full of rich, buttery herb flavors with both the drumsticks and patty pan squash cooked in a single pan.
This One Pan Garlic & Herb Chicken Drumsticks with Patty Pan Squash meal prep recipe combines both your protein and vegetables in a single skillet. Talk about a super quick and easy one pan meal prep recipe!
All you need is a handful of ingredients to have this Whole30 compliant meal prep recipe ready in less than 40 minutes. Drumsticks, fresh herbs, ghee and pattypan squash. That is it! Does it get any easier?
This savory, buttery herb recipe makes the perfect lunch or an easy weeknight dinner (pretty much like most recipes on here 😉 Because if we can double a recipe for more than just lunches, it is always a win in our book! You could also serve this for a family and friends weekend party meal too!
Like almost everything on MPOF, you can swap the squash for your favorite veggie such as butternut squash, kabocha, or sweet potatoes. Just make sure to adjust your cooking time as the root vegetables take longer to cook. You can also use chicken thighs, breast or even wings in place of the drumsticks, if that’s what you prefer. And, if you aren’t following a whole30 diet, feel free to serve this with your favorite grain such as quinoa for added protein or whole grain rice.
One Pan Garlic & Herb Chicken Drumsticks with Patty Pan Squash Ingredients:
1 pound chicken drumsticks
2 tbsp ghee
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 tbs fresh oregano, chopped
2 tsp fresh thyme, minced
2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
salt & pepper, to taste
3.5 cups patty pan squash, ends trimmed and quartered
One Pan Garlic & Herb Chicken Drumsticks with Patty Pan Squash
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks can sub chicken thighs or breasts
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme minced
- 2 tsp fresh sage minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3.5 cups patty pan squash ends trimmed and quartered
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat a large oven safe, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ghee to the pan. Once ghee has melted add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add your chicken drumsticks to the pan and sear for 3-4 minutes or until golden. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add in your chopped herbs, salt and pepper.
- Place pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Add your squash to the pan. Toss everything and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until your chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F
- Serve with additional herbs, if desired.