Craving Sheet Pan Crispy Tofu and Broccoli Chinese takeout? We know that feels, meal prep fam. But we also know how bad it can be for you if you order it in from your local Chinese restaurant. Loaded with sodium, trans fats, sugars, gluten, and preservatives, traditional American Chinese food is a sure-fire way to mess with any healthy meal plan you may be following. This is especially true for vegetarians because even if you order a meat-free dish, there are absolutely no guarantees that it will be 100% free of all animal products.
But, to our takeout-craving reader, don’t think your cravings will go unsatiated. Rest assured, here at MPOF we understand you, and that’s why today we’re thrilled to resolve these takeout cravings with today’s meal prep idea—A crispy tofu and broccoli sheet pan recipe fit for even the most discerning of Chinese royalty! We especially dedicate this meal prep idea to our vegetarian readers, because it is positively free of any and all meat products!
Vegan Sheet Pan Crispy Tofu and Broccoli Ingredients:
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (or 2 tablespoons tamari)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 6 cups broccoli
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- Pinch of sea salt, to taste
- Rice or cauliflower rice
- Sesame seeds, to garnish
- Green onions, to garnish
How long will this Sheet Pan Crispy Tofu and Broccoli last for?
We recommend eating all portions of this meal prep idea within 3-5 days, as this length of time is the refrigerated shelf life of both tofu and broccoli.
Can this Sheet Pan Crispy Tofu and Broccoli be frozen?
Yes, absolutely! We suggest consuming this meal prep idea 3-5 months from the original date of freezing.
How do you make this Sheet Pan Crispy Tofu and Broccoli?
One of the best parts about this meal prep idea is that it’s simple to make! Begin the process by pressing the tofu. This can be achieved by placing it on a cutting board between a few pieces of paper towel and another cutting board or heavy plate, then allowing it to sit for 20-30 minutes to extract all excess moisture (remember that this step is vital for crispy tofu). Next, preheat your oven to 435°. Cut tofu into 1-inch cubes and place into a bowl, drizzling with sesame oil, coconut aminos, and arrowroot. Gently toss to evenly coat the tofu in these ingredients. Add the chopped broccoli to a bowl, drizzle with sesame oil, and season with salt and pepper. Once this has been completed, it’s time to begin cooking your tofu! Add the 1-inch tofu cubes to a large baking tray, making sure to leave some space around each piece for uniform texture and cooking. Add the broccoli pieces to the other side of the tray and bake for 25 minutes, remembering to toss all tray ingredients once halfway through. To make the delicious teriyaki sauce, add coconut aminos, honey, rice wine vinegar, sriracha, ginger, and sea salt to a saucepan, and whisk while heating over medium heat. Bring to a boil for 1 minute. Finish the cooking process by serving your freshly-crisped tofu and seasoned broccoli over your choice of regular or cauliflower rice!
How to portion this Sheet Pan Crispy Tofu and Broccoli?
Because there are three primary ingredients to this meal prep idea, we recommend using three-compartment containers for serving or taking it on the go! You can purchase the containers we used in our kitchen right here on Amazon, or read more information about container types in our Ultimate Guide to Meal Prep Containers!
More Asian-inspired tofu meal prep ideas:
We love tofu and Oriental flavors, too! Check out this Thai Chili Tofu Sheet Pan Meal Prep idea, our $3 Edamame Pasta with Tofu and Veggies, or these General Tso’s Cauliflower Bowls for your next set of lunch or dinner prepped meals!
Other tips for making this Sheet Pan Crispy Tofu and Broccoli:
- When preparing the tofu to be baked, remember that you have to drain the excess moisture in order for it to have those crispy edges you crave!
Sheet Pan Crispy Tofu and Broccoli
- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp sesame oil divided
- 3 tbsp Coconut Aminos or 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 6 cups Broccoli
- 1 tbsp sesame
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- Sea Salt to taste
- 4 cups Brown Rice cooked (can sub cauliflower rice)
- Sesame Seeds optional
- green onions optional
- Press tofu by placing it on a cutting board between several sheets of paper towels, and placing a heavy plate or another cutting board on top. Allow to sit for 20-30 minutes to drain all excess moisture. **This step is important to ensuring crispy edges on the tofu.
- Preheat oven to 435.
- Cut tofu in 1 inch cubes, and put in a bowl. Drizzle tofu with sesame oil, coconut aminos, and arrowroot, and gently toss to evenly coat.
- Add chopped broccoli to a bowl, and drizzle with sesame oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- On a large baking tray, add tofu, making sure to leave some space around the cubes for baking. Add broccoli to the other end of the baking tray.
- Bake tofu and broccoli for 25 minutes, tossing once mid way for even browning and crisping.
- To make teriyaki sauce, add all ingredients to a saucepan, and whisk while heating over medium heat. Allow to boil for about 1 minute while whisking to thicken.
- Serve crispy tofu and broccoli over rice or cauliflower rice, drizzled with teriyaki sauce.