Healthy Snack Ideas – Keto Crackers
It’s a common misconception that a vegetarian lifestyle is void of healthy snack ideas which can be savored. Our keto crackers promise to be exciting, yet easily made gluten-free healthy snack ideas recipe. Watch how five simple ingredients can be used to create this awesome treat! Within 40 minutes you can have freshly baked crackers to add that crunchy treat with your cheese, nuts or veggies!
How Long Will Keto Crackers Last For?
If you store your crackers in an airtight container, they may remain fresh and delicious for one week. In the refrigerator, once stored in an airtight container, your crackers may last about two weeks. However, they may lose a bit of their crunch when placed in the refrigerator.
Can Keto Crackers Be Frozen?
Keto crackers can remain frozen once they are properly stored. But why freeze your crackers when you can just freeze the dough and whip up a fresh batch of crackers?
How Do You Make Keto Crackers?
Let’s get started with this awesome healthy snack ideas recipe! Are all your instruments and ingredients available? Then we have no time to waste.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Mix all your dry ingredients together in your mixing bowl. Add in your water to your dry ingredients to form your dough. Place your dough within a large piece of parchment on to one side and fold the other side onto the top. Take your rolling pin and spread the dough into a thin sheet.
Once you have flattened your dough, peel off the top layer of the parchment. Using a large knife, cut the flattened dough into 1-inch squares. Slide the crackers from the parchment and place onto a baking tray. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Monitor towards the end to prevent your crackers from being burnt.
Once baked, allow your keto crackers to cool for 30 minutes and then break up into individual pieces. That’s it people – another simple and tasty healthy snack ideas recipe!
How To Portion Keto Crackers?
This healthy snack ideas recipe serves four. We aren’t factoring in the vegetables or whatever you decide to complement your keto crackers with. Our compartmentalized containers are perfect for easy storage and reheating!
More Keto Healthy Snack Ideas Recipes
Healthy eating is medicine in itself. Here are a few other Keto recipes which you may also enjoy.
Other Tips For Making Keto Crackers
Yes, improvement for your healthy snack ideas keto crackers is possible! Here are a few tips to achieve this.
- Use almond flour instead of wheat flour. Almond flour burns faster than wheat which makes it possible to have crispy keto crackers within 25 minutes.
- If your doe is too sticky, add some more almond flour until the texture improves.
- Chill your dough before you roll it out for baking as chilling makes it easier to handle the dough.
Amazing how these rather bland keto crackers can make your dips, cheese, nuts, and vegetables taste all the more exotic and healthy! Baked up a batch of our cookies yet? Let us know how our healthy snack ideas keto crackers recipe turned out for you!
Keto Cracker Snack Boxes Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 4 baby bell cheese
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts (or almonds)
- Tomatoes, optional
- Cucumbers, optional
Keto Cracker Snack Boxes
For the crackers
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour not almond meal
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 tbsp Water
- 4 baby bell cheese
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts or almonds
- 1/2 cup cucumbers optional
- 1/2 cup Cherry Tomatoes optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all ingredients except water. Add the water, and mix to combine into a dough. If the dough seems too sticky, add a little extra almond flour.
- Use a large piece of parchment and place the dough on one side, and fold the other side onto the top. Use a rolling pin to spread the dough out into a thin sheet.
- Peel the top layer of parchment off, and use a large knife to cut crackers into 1-inch squares.
- Carefully slide the crackers still on parchment onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, carefully watching toward the end to prevent over-browning.
- Allow crackers to cool for 30 minutes, and then break into individual pieces
- Pack boxes with cheese, veggies, or nuts.