Meal Prep Ideas – Chicken Adobo
Get ready for a trip to the Pacific… We’re gonna have another one of our meal prep ideas recipes and it’s going to be our take on a classic Filipino dish. Our whole30 twist on this Filipino dish will surely tantalize your taste buds while providing a serving of healthy! If you love your chicken but your traditionally done recipes are no longer exciting, then this chicken adobo recipe will add a bit of variety to your mealtime.
How long will Chicken Adobo last for?
It is advisable to consume within two hours at room temperature. However, this meal prep ideas recipe can last for one week in the refrigerator.
Can Chicken Adobo Be Frozen?
This meal prep ideas recipe can be kept frozen for up to 6 months! With the right meal prep container your meal with being securely stored to retain the freshness and flavor of your chicken adobo.
How do you make Chicken Adobo?
Although this meal prep ideas recipe is easily prepared, it calls for some marination, which takes some time. So we advise that you marinate your chicken, for an hour or even overnight, before attempting the recipe. Having said such, once you have gathered your ingredients, measuring, mixing and cooking instruments let’s begin!
Allow your chicken to marinate, will encourage the flavors of the garlic and coconut aminos to infuse your chicken. Add 1 TBS of olive oil to your skillet on medium-high heat. Put in your marinated chicken into your skillet for 7 to 10 minutes, turning your chicken so that it can get brown on all sides. Once browned, remove your chicken from the pan.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil into the skillet. Include the remaining half of the minced garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes until the garlic begins to get brown. Add your chicken back to your skillet and pour in what remains of the marinade.
Pour in water, whole peppercorns and bay leaves and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and add a lid while it simmers for 20 minutes to allow the chicken to cook through. There you have it, chicken adobo!
How to portion this Chicken Meal Prep Recipe?
This awesome meal prep ideas recipe caters four servings of simply delicious! Use these three compartment meal prep containers to safely store your meal servings in the freezer. That way you can easily reheat for lunch on the go!
More Chicken Meal Prep Recipes
Hey, hey, hey! We have a few other chicken meal prep ideas recipes which we think you may also enjoy. Have a look.
- Oven-Baked Bbq Chicken And Veggies Meal Prep
- Filling Southwestern Chicken Bake Meal Prep
- Lemon Herb Chicken And Potato Sheet Pan
- Instant Pot Moroccan Chicken Meal Prep
- Popcorn Chicken with Rice Noodles and Gochujang Sauce
Other Tips For Making Chicken Adobo.
Here are a few other simple hacks you could use to make your chicken adobo meal prep ideas recipe even more amazing!
- When the oil is sufficiently hot, you can allow the chicken to brown by allowing to remain on each side for about two minutes.
- Serve with cooked cauliflower rice and steamed green beans for a complete meal.
- Substitute coconut aminos for soy sauce for a healthy twist and flavor for your chicken adobo
There you have it peeps, another simple meal prep ideas recipe you can relish. Let us know what you think of our special twist on this classic Filipino dish!
Whole30 Chicken Adobo Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 8 chicken legs
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced, divided
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 cups cauliflower, riced, cooked
- 4 cups green beans, steamed
Chicken Adobo Meal Prep
- 8 chicken legs about 2 pounds
- 5 cloves garlic minced and divided
- 1 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 cups riced cauliflower cooked
- 4 cups green beans steamed
- Add chicken, half of the minced garlic, and the coconut aminos to a container, and let marinate for 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and then remove chicken from marinade and brown chicken on all sides on medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove browned chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and remaining half of the minced garlic, and saute garlic for 2-3 minutes to begin to brown.
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the garlic, and pour on the remaining marinade. Add water, whole peppercorns, and bay leaves, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, and add a lid, and continue simmering the chicken for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and green beans for a Whole30 version of a classic Filipino meal.