A classic Filipino dish made Whole30 by swapping soy sauce for coconut aminos. Serve this flavorful marinated chicken with cauliflower rice and green beans for a complete meal.
Whole30 Chicken Adobo Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 8 chicken legs
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced, divided
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 4 cups cauliflower, riced, cooked
- 4 cups green beans, steamed
Chicken Adobo Meal Prep
- 8 chicken legs about 2 pounds
- 5 cloves garlic minced and divided
- 1 cup Coconut Aminos
- 2 tbs olive oil divided
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tbsp peppercorns
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 cups riced cauliflower cooked
- 4 cups green beans steamed
- Add chicken, half of the minced garlic, and the coconut aminos to a container, and let marinate for 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- In a skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and then remove chicken from marinade and brown chicken on all sides on medium high heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove browned chicken from pan. Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and remaining half of the minced garlic, and saute garlic for 2-3 minutes to begin to brown.
- Add the chicken back into the pan with the garlic, and pour on the remaining marinade. Add water, whole peppercorns, and bay leaves, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, and add a lid, and continue simmering the chicken for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with cauliflower rice and green beans for a Whole30 version of a classic Filipino meal.