Gluten Free Chicken Buddha Bowl Meal Prep
What makes this meal prep unique is because it gives you freedom in choosing the vegetables that you will use 🙂
We’ve been getting a lot of request for high protein meal preps lately, so we chose to this meal prep because chicken is a good source of protein and is low in fat and sodium. It also provides zero grams of carbs and the glycemic load (without the skin, bone and in raw form) is zero. Chicken breasts can be used in a variety of dishes and can be easily incorporated in a healthy dish.
Jasmine rice is also preferred for this meal prep because of its sweet smell. Other rice varieties can also be used but some of them can be tricky in cooking. Water ratio of cooking jasmine rice is 2 cups per 1 cup of uncooked rice (why is this do tricky?!).
Put the chicken breast and vegetables in a baking pan. Arrange the veggies around the pan with the chicken breast on the center. Season all the ingredients with salt, pepper, all-purpose seasoning, and drizzle with avocado oil before putting the pan in a pre-heated oven (400deg F). Bake for 20 minutes. If vegetables need more time in the oven, remove the chicken breast and continue baking for around 5-10 minutes more.
Chicken Buddha Bowl Meal Prep Ingredients:
2 cups cooked jasmine rice
16 oz. chicken breast
8 cups chopped mixed vegetables (red onion, summer squash, green zucchini, bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower)
1 TBS avocado oil
Himalayan sea salt
1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
Fresh squeezed lemon
Why Gluten Free?
Gluten comes from a family of proteins found in grains like wheat, spelt, rye, and barley and is one of the main ingredients used in bread, pasta, cereals, beer, cakes, cookies, and pastries. The two main proteins in gluten are glutenin and gliadin. Gliadin, they say, is responsible for the most negative health effects of gluten in the body. YIKES! Because of this, gluten can cause problems for people with certain health conditions, like celiac disease, gluten sensitivity, certain skin allergies, and wheat allergies.
For a person with allergies to gluten, it is very challenging to find a food without any gluten in it. Some processed foods available in the market have wheat, so make it a habit to check the label first before buying to see if there is gluten in it. You might feel that there is nothing to eat anymore because most of your favorite foods have gluten on it. Don’t worry, there are still lots of food available in the market that are gluten-free!
Check out the list below of the foods that are gluten-free:
- Oats (note: buy oats that has a gluten-free label only)
- Dairy products
- Fats (oil and butter)
- Most beverages except beer (not unless the label says it’s gluten-free)
Basically, it is better to choose foods that are naturally gluten-free rather than processed gluten-free products. There is a possibility that processed gluten-free products are low in nutrients and high in sugar or refined grains.
We can guarantee that this meal prep is gluten-free and is very easy to prepare! It is a fusion of American and Asian cuisines. Click here for more Gluten-Free Meal Prep Recipes
Chicken Buddha Bowl Meal Prep
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice (or 2 cups cooked)
- 16 ounces Chicken Breast
- 8 cups chopped mixed vegetables ie, red onion, summer squash, zucchini, bell pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, etc)
- 1 tbs avocado oil
- Sea Salt
- black pepper
- 1 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Prepare jasmine rice in advance by cooking according to package instructions. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- Preheat oven to 400 and line a baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Add chicken breast to the center of the pan and arrange veggies surrounding the chicken. Drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt, pepper, and all-purpose seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven. If the vegetables need more time, remove the chicken and continue cooking veggies for an additional 5-10 minutes, depending on what vegetables you chose.
- Slice chicken into long strips.
- To assemble, add ½ cup jasmine rice to each meal prep container and top with baked chicken and sheet pan veggies. Add a slice of lemon for serving. Keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days.