A lightly honey-sweetened baked orange chicken — all the best of takeout, without the heaviness! Chicken is baked in an almond flour crust and then doused in a tangy orange sauce. Serve with cauliflower rice for the complete experience!
Paleo Orange Chicken Meal Prep Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cut into large chunks
1 egg, beaten
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup arrowroot
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup orange juice
6 tablespoons honey
¼ cup coconut aminos
3 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (unsweetened) or sub 1 ½ T white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon arrowroot
4 cups cauliflower rice, prepared
1 pound green beans or broccoli, steamed
Orange Chicken Meal Prep
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Breast
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup almond flour not almond meal
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 tbs Honey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs rice wine vinegar unsweetened
- 1 tbs orange zest
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbs arrowroot flour
- 4 cups riced cauliflower prepared
- 1 pound green beans or broccoli steamed
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot and sea salt.
- Dip each chunk of chicken in the egg, and then coat in the almond flour mixture.
- Add to a lined baking tray, and repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Bake chicken for 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating has browned.
- Add all ingredients for the orange sauce to a saucepan, and bring to a low boil, whisking or stirring to combine well. Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat.
- Drizzle the chicken with prepared orange sauce, and serve with cauliflower rice and veggies.