Is the question – why orange chicken? Well, that’s the result of the baking and special sauce for this enchanting morsel of chicken. Looks alone shall reel you in as you explore how flavourful this meal prep ideas orange chicken meal prep recipe is. No, your chicken isn’t going to be a flaming and vibrant orange! However, the orange-flavored sauce shall excite your taste buds with its tangy taste. Savory! And easily prepared within an hour!
A lightly honey-sweetened baked orange chicken — all the best of takeout, without the heaviness! Chicken is baked in an almond flour crust and then doused in a tangy orange sauce. Serve with cauliflower rice for the complete experience!
How Long Will Chicken Meal Prep Recipe Last For?
Once cooked, this meal prep ideas recipe can last for no more than two hours at room temperature. If the room temperature exceeds 90°F, then it will last only an hour! However, your orange chicken meal prep can last for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Can Orange Chicken Meal Prep Be Frozen?
Yessiree! Just store properly in an airtight freezer-safe container or heavy-duty vacuum sealed freezer bag. Once this is done, your orange chicken meal prep can last up to four months! But I doubt you will be able to wait that long to have some more of this sumptuous orange chicken meal prep ideas recipe.
How Do You Make Orange Chicken Meal Prep?
Have you gathered all your ingredients? Remember we’re making both the orange chicken meal prep as well as the tangy orange sauce. Have your measuring, cutting, baking and mixing items and let’s begin!
Preheat your oven to 425℉. Then cut your 1½ pound piece of chicken breast into large chunks. That way your seasonings and orange sauce can easily infuse mouth-watering flavor into each selection. Mix your dry ingredients – almond flour, arrowroot and sea salt- together. Break and beat your egg in a mixing bowl.
Dip each chunk of chicken into the beaten egg, then coat each with the almond flour mixture. Once each piece has been coated, add to a lined baking tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until the coating gets brown.
Mix all your ingredients for the orange sauce into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Whisk or stir the mixture to ensure the ingredients combine properly. Remove all heat once the sauce has thickened. Drizzle the baked chicken with the orange sauce. There you have it orange chicken meal prep!
You may serve your orange chicken meal prep with cauliflower rice and veggies. Yummy!
How To Portion Chicken Meal Prep Recipe?
This tasty orange chicken meal prep ideas recipe serves four delicious portions which are sure to satisfy your baked chicken cravings.
More Chicken Meal Prep Recipes
If you thought this tasty recipe was just fantastic, wait till you get to create these other awesome meal prep ideas chicken recipes. Here’s a shortlist of chicken recipes that will surely spice things up when you decide to prepare a chicken meal.
- The Top 20 Chicken Meal Prep Recipes for 2019
- Chicken Fajita Veggie Meal Prep
- Lemon Herb Chicken and Potato Sheet Pan
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas Meal Pre
Other Tips For Making Chicken Meal Prep Recipe
- Ensure that you use almond flour and not almond meal. Almond meal is much more coarse and will give your chicken a coarse dark brown instead of a smooth caramel texture.
- Use unsweetened rice wine vinegar so that it won’t overpower the tang of the orange sauce.
- Use freshly grated ginger as it is less concentrated than ground ginger. If you decide to use ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger to 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger.
There you have it – another appetizing meal prep ideas recipe! Now get started and create your own orange chicken meal prep.
Paleo Orange Chicken Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 6 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup coconut aminos
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (unsweetened) or sub 1 ½ T white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 4 cups cauliflower rice, prepared
- 1 pound green beans or broccoli, steamed
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Breast
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 cup almond flour not almond meal
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- 6 tbs Honey
- 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 3 tbs rice wine vinegar unsweetened
- 1 tbs orange zest
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 4 cups riced cauliflower prepared
- 1 pound green beans or broccoli steamed
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine almond flour, arrowroot and sea salt.
- Dip each chunk of chicken in the egg, and then coat in the almond flour mixture.
- Add to a lined baking tray, and repeat until all chicken is coated.
- Bake chicken for 25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the coating has browned.
- Add all ingredients for the orange sauce to a saucepan, and bring to a low boil, whisking or stirring to combine well. Once the sauce has thickened, remove from heat.
- Drizzle the chicken with prepared orange sauce, and serve with cauliflower rice and veggies.