This vegan Macrobiotic Bowl features nutty quinoa, nourishing greens, protein-rich chickpeas, and a savory tahini sauce. This easy to make recipe feature fresh summer corn is sure to keep you cool on those hot summer days.
Macrobiotic Bowl Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 3 Cups Corn (3-4 Ears)
- 2½ Cups Broccoli Florets
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Shallot, finely diced
- 2½ Cups Collard Greens, cut into ¼” ribbons, packed
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cooked Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ Cup Tahini
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups Corn from 3-4 ears
- 2.5 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbs shallots finely diced
- 2.5 cups collard greens cut into 1/4 inch ribbons
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned) rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos or soy sauce if not gluten free
- 2 tsbp Water
- Bring a large pot of water to a gentle boil. Meanwhile, cook quinoa as per the package directions.
- When the large pot of water begins to boil, add in the corn cobs. After 5 minutes, add the broccoli florets, and cook 3 minutes longer, until crisp/tender and vibrant green. Remove the corn, and place on a cutting board to cool, and then drain the broccoli in a colander, and place in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add olive oil, and add in the finely diced shallot. Stir until fragrant, about 1 minute, then add in the collard greens, stirring until slightly wilted, about 2-3 minutes. Add in the chickpeas and ¼ teaspoon salt, and stir until heated through about 2 additional minutes.
- Remove the corn kernels from the cob using a sharp knife, and then build your bowl. Divide among four containers the corn, quinoa, broccoli, and collard green mixture. In a small bowl, mix the tahini and soy sauce, thinning out with the water as desired. Equally, drizzle on top of each bowl. Store, serve, and enjoy!