This vegan take on the classic Middle Eastern dish is so simple to make and full of warming spices, satiating plant-based protein, as well as a subtle kick thanks to the addition of mild Harrisa pepper sauce and complete with a side of thickly cut bread for dipping and scooping — YUM!
Vegan Shakshuka Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 1 (28 oz.) Canned Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes (including liquid)
- 1 C. (8 oz. pkg.) Vegan Ricotta Cheese
- 1 (15 oz.) Canned Cannelini Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. Mild Harissa
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Italian Parsley
- 5 Tbsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Slices Gluten Free Bread
Vegan Shakshuka Meal Prep
- 1 28 ounce can Canned Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes (including liquid)
- 1 cup Vegan Ricotta Cheese we used Kite Hill Brand
- 15 ounces Canned Cannelini Beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp Harissa mild or hot
- 2 2tbsp Chopped Parsley
- 5 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper as desired
- 4 slices Bread of choice
- Heat skillet or large frying pan over medium/high heat. Then once heated, add oil.
- Add onion and garlic — stir then sauté for ~5 minutes.
- Next, add rest of ingredients except for ricotta cheese, parsley, and bread — let simmer for ~15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with parsley, dollops of ricotta, and bread for dipping.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!