Thank you to GoodCook for sponsoring this Sheet Pan Chimichurri Chicken and Veggies post, and thank YOU for supporting the brands that help make Meal Prep On Fleek possible. All opinions are our own.
Easy to prepare and full of flavor, this sheet pan chimichurri chicken and veggies recipe will be your new go-to for a delicious and wholesome meal!
Don’t judge us. Our addiction to sheet pan recipes is so real. And we know we aren’t the only ones who are also addicted. One of the number one recipe requests we have is for “sheet pan recipes.” So, we are here to deliver with this easy, fresh, and very flavorful Sheet Pan Chimichurri Chicken and Veggies recipe.
If you’re not familiar with chimichurri sauce, it is a loose oil-based condiment that is typically paired with meat. There are quite a few varieties, but we used a more traditional version with cilantro and parsley.
The ingredient list looks a little long, but we guarantee that you already have many of the necessary items on hand. For the ingredients, you are missing, plus your Good Cook meal prep containers, you can head to Target. It’s our favorite place for one stop shopping. They have really expanded upon their produce section, which is why we knew a chimichurri sauce had to happen after we spotted their fresh herbs and summer green beans.
For the recipe, it is just a matter of baking your chicken, potatoes and summer fresh green beans on a sheet pan. Then, whipping up your chimichurri sauce while the sheet pan is in the oven. All of the ingredients for the sauce go straight into the blender (or food processor), so you won’t have a ton of dirty dishes to clean up afterward.
How to serve and store.
After everything is done cooking, it’s just a matter of getting your meal prep containers ready for the week! Our go-to containers for this dish are the red three-compartment Good Cook Meal Prep Containers. This set denotes the sections for each protein, vegetable, and grain, making it very easy to put together a balanced meal. The largest compartment is for your vegetables and/or fruit. In this case, it was the green beans. We also made room for the chimichurri sauce too. However, feel free to put the chimichurri sauce right on top of the chicken during prep.
The two smaller compartments are for your protein and grain. We put the chicken (your protein) in one compartment and the potatoes in the second. Grains can also be considered starch, i.e., potatoes in this recipe.
This meal prep will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator, but we guarantee you it won’t even last long. If you’re like us, you will find yourself craving this for dinner, too. That chimichurri sauce is to die for!
Sheet Pan Chimichurri Chicken and Veggies Ingredients:
Chicken and Veggies:
- 5 lbs. Chicken Thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 lb. 8 oz. Mini Gold Potatoes (cut into quarters)
- 3 C. Fresh Green Beans (trimmed)
- 3 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Bunch Fresh Flat Leaf Italian Parsley (leaves only)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Cilantro (leaves only)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 C. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Red Onion
- 2 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Red Chili Pepper Flakes
Chicken and Veggies
- 1.5 pounds chicken thighs boneless and skinless
- 1 pound mini gold potatoes cut into quarters
- 3 cups fresh green beans trimmed
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 bunch fresh fla leaf italian parsley leaves only
- 1 bunch Fresh cilantro leaves only
- 1 medium Lemon juice only
- 1/2 medium lime juice only
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400℉ and line 2 sheet pans (or one large sheet pan) with foil — set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss together potatoes and one tablespoon’s worth of avocado oil together until well-coated.
- In a separate bowl, toss green beans in one tablespoon’s worth of avocado oil until coated — set aside.
- Spread potatoes, in an even layer, onto sheet pan, trying not to over-crowd.
- Next, coat chicken thighs in remaining one tablespoon’s worth of avocado oil and place onto sheet pan.
- Place chicken and veggies into oven (middle rack) and roast for 35-40 minutes or until chicken has reached internal temperature of 165℉ and potatoes are fork tender and golden browned. During the last 10 minutes of roasting, make space for green beans and let them cook until bright green and slightly tender. Season chicken and veggies with salt and pepper.
- While the chicken and veggies roast, prepare chimichurri sauce by adding all ingredients (except olive oil) to a high speed blender or food processor — pulse a few times util herbs are slightly broken down. Then, add olive oil and pulse a few more times until everything is combined, but chimichurri still has some texture.
- Spoon chimichurri over chicken just prior to serving/enjoying and keep in separate container when storing.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!