Sheet Pan Chipotle Eye Round Roast Meal Prep
100% Grass-Fed eye round roast beef simply cooked to perfection! This one-pan recipe makes 6 meals and keeps the dishes to a minimum. Paleo. Gluten-Free.
This sheet pan recipe turns your favorite budget-friendly cut of meat, eye-round roast, into flavorful, moist and tender beef. Because eye-round roast is so lean (hello, diet friendly) it can also be a tough cut. But this recipe changes that and adds a bit of kick with chipotle spice.
Made in a single pan, this recipe practically cooks itself and leaves very little cleanup making more time for family and friends on Sunday. Because let’s be honest, who wouldn’t rather curl up on the couch with good company and a movie instead of meal prepping on a Sunday?
Sheet Pan Chipotle Eye Round Roast Meal Prep Ingredients:
1 tablespoon brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
1 tablespoon ground chipotle chile pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon cumin powder
Salt and pepper
1 (2.5-pound) eye round roast
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 white onion, chopped
1 pound brussels sprouts, halved
1 waxy potato, chopped
Pin this recipe for later!
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2.5 pound eye round roast
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts halved
- 1 large waxy potato chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix brown sugar, chipotle chile pepper, paprika, and cumin powder in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Generously sprinkle salt over all sides of the eye round roast.
- Toss onion, brussels sprouts, and potato in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and black pepper.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a medium skillet over high heat until hot. Add the roast, turning occasionally, until all the sides turn golden brown, about 8 minutes. Transfer onto the lined baking sheet and sprinkle the mixed chipotle powder on all sides.
- Spread the vegetables onto the same baking sheet around the roast.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the vegetables to a plate. Return the roast to the oven and continue roasting for another 15 minutes, until a thermometer inserted into the middle registers 130°F for medium doneness.
- Rest the roast on a big plate for 10 minutes before slicing (the internal temperature will continue to rise).
- Serve with the roast vegetables or arrange in meal prep containers for later.