Pesto Chicken Meal Prep
This Whole30 and Keto pesto chicken recipe combines tons of Italian flavors in easy roll-ups. Serve over cauliflower rice or with sauteed veggies for an easy meal-prep lunch or dinner.
Whole30 Pesto Chicken Meal Prep Ingredients:
4 chicken breasts
1 recipe Whole30 pesto (see below)
½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
½ cup black olives, chopped
1 lb asparagus
1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped (to garnish, optional)
5 cups loosely packed basil
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
¼ cup walnuts
1 clove garlic, grated
½ teaspoon salt
- 4 medium Chicken Breast
- 1 recipe whole30 pesto (see below)
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes chopped (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup black olives chopped
- 1 pound apsaragus
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 2 tbs walnuts, chopped for garnish, optional
- 5 cups loosely packed basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare pesto by adding the basil (stems removed) to a food processor bowl, and processing until greens are chopped finely.
- Add the lemon juice, walnuts and sea salt, and begin to process. While the mixture is chopping, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the food processor bowl.
- Add the grated garlic and mix to combine.
- Take each chicken breast, and pound it flat. I recommend putting the chicken into a large plastic bag to prevent chicken juice from splattering in your kitchen.
- Take each flattened breast, and add ¼ of the pesto mixture, and 2 tablespoons each sundried tomatoes and olives. Roll up the chicken breasts, and place into a baking dish.
- Bake the chicken for 20-24 minutes, until the juices run clear and the chicken is fully baked.
- Saute asparagus, and serve with sliced chicken and cherry tomatoes. Garnish with chopped walnuts for a delicious nutty flavor and texture.