Chimichurri Steak Meal Prep
This traditional Argentinian chimichurri sauce is bursting with herbs and tangy flavors – the perfect complement to a grilled steak. Choose your favorite cut of meat, or use this sauce on top of chicken or fish instead. Traditional chimichurri sauce has an olive oil and vinegar base, but this one takes the fresh flavor up a notch with a splash of lemon juice – choose your favorite option!
These boxes are packed with sweet potato wedges and a simple tomato and cucumber salad for a flavor packed and nutritious meal.
Whole30 Chimichurri Steak Meal Prep Ingredients:
4 4-6 ounce steaks
4 sweet potatoes
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup cucumbers, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup Italian parsley, packed
1 tablespoon thyme, fresh, packed
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 clove garlic, finely minced
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon red chili flakes (more of less, to taste)
- 4 4 ounce steaks
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1 cup cucumbers thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup italian parsley packed
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme packed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges, and place on a baking tray. Spray or drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 25-30 minutes, until browned on the edges.
- Prepare chimichurri sauce by adding the Italian parsley and fresh thyme to a food processor bowl, and processing until the herbs are chopped finely.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and process into a pesto-like paste.
- Prepare steaks your favorite way - grilled, pan fried, or broiled, to desired doneness.
- Serve steak, sweet potato wedges, and tomato/cucumber salad drizzled with the chimichurri sauce.