Thai Chili Garlic “Noodles” (Whole30 – GF – Vegetarian)
Anyone who’s ever had Thai food knows that it’s almost inarguably one of the crown jewel delicacies of Oriental cuisine. You really can’t beat those mind-blowingly awesome primary flavors—Sweet, sour, salty, creamy, and spicy. They’re like the Marvel Avengers: a truly epic and unstoppable team of heroes who compliment one another perfectly, here to save the day from the evils of mediocre food. It would take a truly special kind of person not to like garlic noodles, and we want to tell you—We’re just not that kind of special here at MPOF!
What do you mean “Noodles?”
Whether you’ve had Thai food or not, today you are in for a serious treat—a temptingly tasty Thai chili garlic “noodle” meal prep recipe! What’s with the quotation marks around the word “noodles”, though, you ask? Don’t worry, we promise you they’re not made from Soylent Green! ? In fact, these special noodles are created with Hannah sweet potatoes, one of the most nutrient-rich veggies out there!
A cousin of the morning glory flower, a single cup of cubed sweet potatoes yields a nourishing 4g of fiber (essential for blood sugar regulation and helping you stay full), 450mg of potassium (even more than a banana), and 375% of your recommended daily intake (RDI) in Vitamin A for healthy organ function! When was the last time you heard a dietitian say wheat pasta was even remotely that good for you? Probably never, we’re just gonna guess, because only a bad dietitian would say something like that.
But are they healthy?
One of the greatest things about Thai food is the fact that there are so many delicious side dish options—And in that exact tradition, this Thai chili garlic noodle meal prep recipe includes a few different healthy sides and ingredients too, including lime, fresh cilantro, onions, shredded coleslaw veggies, and our favorite, broccoli florets! Broccoli is an incredibly nutrient-dense vegetable, providing a whopping 70% your RDI of vitamin C, and high amounts of vitamin K1 (helpful for blood clotting), folate (supports healthy tissue growth), and potassium (for blood pressure regulation), to name just a few! One cup also provides 2.4g of fiber, so between the broccoli florets and the spiralized sweet potato noodles, this Thai chili garlic noodle meal prep recipe is sure to keep you full and nurture your body in one fell swoop!
Ways to Hack Your Meal Prep…
If you’re prepping this meal to go, and you want to keep all the side dish goodness separated, we recommend using three-compartment meal prep containers! That way you are free to mix in as much or little of any given side ingredient into the noodles as you wish! If you’re thinking, “Uh… What?” right now, that’s totally okay! We love our food prep newbies here—So much in fact, that we wrote you your very own Ultimate Guide to Meal Prep Containers! Our goal was to demystify the sometimes very convoluted meal prep container market, so the absolute beginner wouldn’t have to waste so much as a dime on the wrong kind of containers for their specific needs! We hope it helps you. ?
Thai Chili Garlic Noodles Ingredients:
- 3 Medium Hannah/White Sweet Potatoes (spiralized)
- 1.5 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp. Grated Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Aminos
- 1.5 tsp. Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Granules
- 1 tsp. Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. Yai’s Thai Chili Garlic Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 tsp. Black Sesame Seeds
Sides + Toppings:
- 1 Large Lime (quartered into wedges)
- 2 C. Broccoli Florets (steamed)
- 1/4 C. Fresh Cilantro
- 1/4 C. Sliced Green Onions/Scallions/Spring Onions
- 4 C. Coleslaw Mixed Veggies (not pre-dressed and/or omit any dressing packet that may be included — just use the plain, shredded veggies).
Thai Chili Garlic “Noodles”
- 3 medium Hannah/White sweet potatoes spiralized
- 1.5 tbsp Coconut Oil or oil of choice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp grated garlic
- 2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Yai's Thai Chili Garlic Hot Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 large lime quartered
- 2 cups broccoli florets steamed
- 1/4 fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Scallions
- 4 cups coleslaw mixed veggies plain, no dressing
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and then add oils.
- Next, sauté garlic for ~1-2 minutes and then add sweet potato noodles, toss until coated. Cover and let cook ~15-20 minutes, or until noodles are tender but still firm.
- While that cooks, prepare sauce by whisking together all ingredients unto well-combined.
- Once noodles are cooked, transfer to a mixing bowl, pour sauce over, and toss until evenly coated.
- Enjoy alongside shredded coleslaw veggies, broccoli, and fresh toppings.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!