Chickpeas are coated in plenty of spices and baked until crunchy, and then served alongside quinoa and a homemade pico de gallo. The perfect plant-based meal – dress up with avocado, jalapenos, or a vegan cheese to mix it up!
Vegan Quinoa Chickpea Taco Bowls Ingredients:
- 1 cup quinoa, prepared to package directions
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
Pico de Gallo
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons onion, finely minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (or to taste)
- 1-2 tablespoons lime juice, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
Quinoa Chickpea Taco Bowls
- 1 cup dry quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 15 ounces chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
Pico de Gallo
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 3 tbsp onion finely minced
- 1-2 tbsp lime juice to taste
- 1 Jalapeno minced or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rinse and drain chickpeas, and then add to a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and lime juice, and then sprinkle on the spices. Mix to combine and evenly coat the chickpeas.
- Spread chickpeas out on a baking tray, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Prepare pico de gallo by mixing together all ingredients. Adjust salt, lime and jalapenos to taste.
- Prepare meals by layering quinoa, chickpeas, and pico de gallo, and any other toppings as desired.