Low Sugar Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
Making your own peanut butter chocolate cups is easier than you’d think! Feel free to swap in your favorite nut or seed butters in place of peanut butter.
Low Sugar Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Ingredients:
• 9 oz dark chocolate (72% cacao), finely chopped
• 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
• 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
• 6 tablespoons smooth, natural peanut butter*
• Cacao nibs, to garnish
- 9 ounces dark chocolate (72% cacao) finely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate finely chopped
- 1 tbs Coconut Oil
- 6 tbs peanut butter smooth
- cacao nibs to garnish, optional
- Line standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper cupcake liners. If desired, trim the paper cupcake liners to shorten.
- Gently melt the dark chocolate, unsweetened chocolate, and coconut oil over a double boiler using low heat.
- Spoon one tablespoon of melted chocolate into each muffin tin cavity. Use the back of spoon to gently push the melted chocolate up the sides of the paper liner. Place muffin tin the fridge until the chocolate sets, about 5-8 minutes.
- Spoon ½ tablespoon of peanut butter into the chocolate cups. Spread peanut butter evenly, making sure there are no air bubbles. Spoon another tablespoon of melted chocolate over peanut butter. Sprinkle cacao nibs on top, if desired. Place muffin tin back in the fridge for another 5-8 minutes until chocolate is set.
- Transfer peanut butter cups to an airtight container. Keep at room temperature or keep stored in the fridge until ready to eat.
- NOTES: • Recommended that you use natural peanut butter that only contains two ingredients: peanuts and salt.