Popcorn Chicken with Rice Noodles and Gochujang Sauce
Lightly fried Korean chicken served with a spicy sauce over brown rice noodles. Healthier than takeout and just as delicious!
Popcorn Chicken with Rice Noodles and Gochujang Sauce Ingredients:
For the Main:
3 chicken breasts, cut into ½ inch pieces
8 ounces brown rice noodles
2 cups tapioca flour
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
½ tsp. paprika
1 tsp. ginger powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
2 cups sesame or canola oil for cooking
green onions, sliced for garnish
sesame seeds for garnish
For the Sauce:
½ cup ketchup
3 tbsp. coconut sugar
1 tbsp. soy sauce
3 tbsp. Korean chili paste
Meal Prep Recipe Video:
For The Main
- 3 medium Chicken Breast cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces brown rice noodles
- 2 cups tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups sesame oil for cooking
- green onions for garnish
- Sesame Seeds for garnish
For The Sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Korean chili paste
- Place oil in a large sauté pan and bring to a high heat until bubbling.
- While the oil heats, place the cut chicken in a bowl with vinegar, paprika, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Let the mixture sit 10 minutes.
- Prepare a large plate with the tapioca flour.
- Place the chicken on the place and coat generously with the flour.
- Place ¼ of the chicken in the pot of oil. Cook 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate lined with paper towels then add another ¼ of the chicken to the skillet. Repeat until all the chicken has been cooking.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare a pot of boiling water and cook the brown rice noodles until tender. Drain the water and run under cold water.
- Place the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and mix together.
- Once the chicken is done, place it in a new skillet with the sauce and bring to medium heat. Cook 5 minutes until warm.
- Add sliced green onions and sesame seeds and serve with brown rice noodles.