Packed with Keto-friendly ingredients, this simple to make Taco Skillet Meal Prep is perfect for any day of the week!
Keto Taco Skillet Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Red Onion, diced
- 1 C. Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- 1 C. Mexican Cheese Blend
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 2 Limes, quartered into wedges
- 1/2 C. Cilantro
- 1/2 Bunch Scallions, sliced
- 1 Taco Seasoning Packet, dissolved in 1/2 C. Warm Water (or as packet’s directions specify)
- 1/2 C. Salsa Verde
- 1/2 C. Full Fat Yogurt, plain and unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- *Optional: 1 Avocado, sliced
- *Optional: Small Handful of Gluten-free, Grain-free Tortilla Chips
Taco Skillet Meal Prep
- 1 pound 80% ground beef
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup mexican cheese blend
- 2 roma tomatoes diced and seeded
- 1 packet taco seasoning mixed with 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup full fat yogurt plain, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- tortilla chips if desired
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and ground beef — stir and cook until browned (~5-7 minutes).
- Next, add taco seasoning and water mixture — stir and cook until liquid has been fully ab-sorbed and reduced.
- Now, spread ground beef into an even layer and add cheese (also in an even layer) over the ground beef base — cover with a lid, let cheese melt (~1-2 minutes).
- Divide taco beef with cheese into four and when ready to eat, top remaining ingredients, then dress with a squeeze of lime and some cilantro (and optional sides) right before serving.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!