These Protein Peanut Butter Energy Bites are high in protein, healthy fat and fiber. An easy, no-bake snack you can make in 10 minutes with healthy ingredients you should always have in your pantry!
So, we will admit. We kinda have a thing for sweet breakfast ideas. First, there was the Cinnamon Raisin Almond Butter Bites, then the overnight french toast and now these incredible Peanut Butter Energy Bites! It’s no wonder breakfast is our favorite meal of the day.
This recipe requires no baking, is made with ingredients that almost all of us always have on hand and costs just cents a serving! Oh, and it also works as an afternoon snack, pre/post workout meal or even dessert. Could you even imagine a more versatile recipe?
And we almost forget to mention that it is loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats – the ingredients we all know are essential to fat loss. So, make a batch or two or three this meal prep Sunday. Share them with friends or co-workers or keep them all for yourself because we know how hard you work and deserve a little something sweet every day. 😉
Protein Peanut Butter Energy Bites Ingredients:
1 ½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tbsp. ground flax
2 tbsp. agave
½ cup peanut butter, or nut butter of choice
½ cup vanilla protein powder
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup water
Pin it for later!
[blog_subscription_form title=”Subscribe to Meal Prep on Fleek” blog_subscription_form subscribe_text=”Get new recipes and articles delivered to your inbox”]
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. ground flax
- 2 tbsp. agave
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1 cup Water
- In a medium bowl, combine the protein powder, chia seeds and water. Set in the refrigerator 5 minutes until it becomes a gel.
- In a larger separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Add the chia gel to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Roll the batter into 1 inch balls with your hands. Wetting your hands constantly will help with this process.
- Place the balls in a container in the refrigerator to set 20 minutes then enjoy! Balls can be stored in the refrigerator up to one week or the freezer up to one month.