Baked Lentil Sweet Potato Falafels with Avocado Cream Sauce
Falafels get a healthy twist with this baked recipe that’s high in beta carotene and iron. Pair with a salad and vegan avocado cream sauce for a light lunch or dinner!
Baked Lentil Sweet Potato Falafels with Avocado Cream Sauce Ingredients:
For the Falafels:
2 cups lentils
15 ounces sweet potato puree, canned or baked & pureed
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. cumin
½ tsp. paprika
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
For the Avocado Sauce:
1 large avocado, pitted
2 tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups lentils
- 15 ounces sweet potato puree canned or baked and then pureed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large Avocado pitted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place lentils in a pot of boiling water. Boil 10 until tender and drain.
- Place the lentils in a high-speed blender or food processor with the other ingredients for the falafels. Blend on high until smooth.
- Scoop ¼ of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet to form a patty. Repeat for the remaining batter until there are 12 patties.
- Bake at 375 F 25-30 minutes until golden and edges are slightly crusty.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheet while you prepare the avocado sauce.
- Place the avocado and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more milk to obtain desired consistency.
- Serve falafels with avocado cream sauce over a salad with your favorite veggies.