This easy Shish Tawook Meal Prep recipe is sure to be your new favorite thanks to the bright flavors of lemon, cool yogurt, and perfectly marinated chicken. Gluten free.
Shish Tawook Meal Prep Ingredients:
Shish Tawook Chicken Base:
- 2 lbs. Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless; cut into 1.5”—2” pieces)
- 3/4 C. Greek Yogurt (plain, unsweetened)
- Juice of Half a Lemon
- 3 Tbsp. Avocado Oil (plus separate 2 Tbsp. for cooking)
- 5 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp. Sumac
- 1 tsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Gluten-Free Pitas (lightly toasted)
- 2 Large Heads of Romain Lettuce (~6 cups worth chopped)
- 1 Bunch Red Radishes (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 C. Sliced Red Onion
- Optional: Fresh Flat Leaf/Italian Parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
Shish Tawook Meal Prep
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast boneless, skinless and cut into 2" pieces
- 3/4 cup non-fat Greek Yogurt or yogurt of choice (plain and unsweetened)
- 1/2 large Lemon juiced
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 gluten free pitas
- 2 large head romaine lettuce
- 1 bunch red radish thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onon sliced
- parsley optional
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp red wine vinegar
- To create the marinade mix together in a large bowl all shish tawook base ingredients, except for the chicken and pitas. Once the marinade is combined, stir in chicken until well-coated. Marinate in fridge for 1 hour (or up to overnight).
- When the chicken has finished marinating, heat a skillet over medium-high heat, then add 2 tablespoons avocado oil.
- Place each piece of chicken into the pan and cook for ~3–5 minutes per side or until chicken has fully cooked-through, reaching internal temperature of 165℉ (careful not to over crowd the pan or disrupt chicken during the searing/cooking process).
- While the chicken is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together until emulsified and in a large bowl, toss salad veggie ingredients together. Set Aside.
- Once everything is ready to enjoy, serve the salad over the pita, top with shish tawook chicken, and a drizzle of dressing.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!