These Jalapeno sliders have a spicy kick! Made with diced jalapenos and placed on a sweet potato “bun” for Paleo friendly meal on the go!
Hello, hello! We are ‘sliding’ right on into your day with this Jalapeno Sliders With Sweet Potato Buns Meal Prep recipe — Holla!! Just imagine kicking up your feet at lunch time and relaxing with a container full of spicy burgers! It’s like being at your best friends summer BBQ while working! Ok, we are back from our day dream. But seriously, make these!
This recipe is Whole30 compliant, gluten-free, dairy-free and beyond easy to make! Plus, have you heard that those spicy jalapenos are known to raise your metabolism? Ok, maybe by a small percent, but the spice is enough to at least give you an energy kick to finish out your afternoon!
Jalapeno Sliders With Sweet Potato Bun Meal Prep Ingredients:
1 large, thick sweet potato
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small jalapeno, finely diced
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. cumin
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
Jalapeno Sliders With Sweet Potato Bun Meal Prep
- 1 large cooked sweet potato (about 200g)
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1 small Jalapeno finely diced
- 1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- sides as desired
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Prepare the sweet potato by washing the outside well then slice horizontally into thick slices.
- Place the sweet potato on a medium baking sheet. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake at 425 F for 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potato is baking, heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Place the ground beef in a large bowl with jalapeno, cumin and garlic powder. Using your hands, break up the meat and mix the ingredients together.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Place on the grill and cook 4 minutes then flip and cook another 4 minutes for a medium-well slider.
- Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and sliders from the grill.
- Transfer to 2 meal prep containers and place 2 burgers in each one along with roasted sweet potato “buns” and your desired sides!