Cutting out starchy pasta is a great way to save calories… but you need to replace those noodles with something tasty! Spaghetti Squash is one of the simplest healthy swaps you could make for traditional pasta. it can be used in sweet and savory dishes, but the most common for meal prepping is exactly like you see it here or with some meat sauce.
Livestrong.com states. “Spaghetti squash contains about 92 percent water by weight, which may account for its lack of calories. These qualities make spaghetti squash a good choice for weight-loss or weight-management plans. It will fill you up without adding a lot of calories or fat to your daily total.”
Print Recipe Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatball Meal Prep
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a baking sheet with nonstick spray or cooking oil.
2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise from stem to tail
3. Use a spoon to Scrape out the seeds.
4. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Place squash, cut-side down, onto the baking dish. Place into oven and roast until tender, about 35-45 minutes (depending on size).
6. Remove from oven and let rest until cool enough to handle.
7. Using a fork, scrape the flesh to create long strands.
1. Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with foil and drizzle with Avocado Oil
2. Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together. Don’t overwork the meat because it’ll end up making for tougher meatballs.
3. Use a ⅓ cup measuring cup to portion out the meat. Gently roll into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Do this until all your meat is gone
4. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through.