The key to successful meal prep is to have a plan, keep it simple and make it taste good! These Beef Patties – Sweet Corn, Rice and Sauteed Veggies meal prep does just that!
With just a handful of wholesome ingredients, you can be enjoying one of the summer’s favorite foods – burgers with a balance of healthy carbs and the freshest veggies!
Beef Patties-Sweet Corn Rice and Sautéed Veggies Ingredients:
- 16 oz lean ground beef (I used 93% lean)
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup sweet corn (frozen/canned)
- 4–5 medium size mushrooms
- 4 handfull baby spinach
- 8–10 cherry tomatoes
- coconut oil
1-In a large bowl combine ground beef, chopped red onions, garlic, chopped parsley and all seasonings. Mix with a spatula or better use your hand. Scoop evenly small patties with a measurement spoon.
2- Preheat a non-stick pan (no oil needed because patties should be fatty enough) cook patties over medium heat 5 minutes per side.
Makes 16 mini patties.
Beef Patties-Sweet Corn Rice and Sautéed Veggies
- 16 ounce lean ground turkey 93% was used here
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 handful parsley
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 cups Brown Rice cooked
- 1/4 cup sweet corn frozen/canned
- 5 medium mushrooms
- 4 handfuls spincach
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- Coconut Oil
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, chopped red onions, grated garlic cloves, chopped parsley and all seasonings. Mix with a spatula. Scoop evenly small patties with a measurement scoop/cup/spoon.
- Preheat a non-stick pan (no oil needed) cook patties over medium heat 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In a non stick pan heat cooked rice with corn about 5 minutes.
- Preheat about 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan. Slice mushrooms and toss in the pan. Cook until both sides are brown (You can use the same pan you used for patties, make sure to wipe it). Set aside.
- Melt 1 more tsp coconut oil for baby spinach. After the coconut oil is melted, toss baby spinach in the pan and turn the heat off. Salt to taste if you like. It should be just slightly warmed.