Air fryer mixed nuts are ready in 10 minutes and are so delicious you'll find excuses to make them on the regular.
Nuts are a fantastic snack. They're small, portable, don't require refrigeration, or even much prep really. They're loaded with protein and lots of minerals and nutrients your body needs. For example! Walnuts are great for brain health, and look like your brain; that's no accident!) You can just grab and go. But these, these air fryer sweet and spicy mixed nuts will up your healthy snack prep game considerably. We love these for a special treat, to serve as an appetizer or snack for a small party, or to pop into lunch boxes for a surprise burst of flavor. Best of all? They come together easily using ingredients you most likely have on hand, and air fry in less than 10 minutes. Dreamy!
Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Mixed Nuts Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- ½ Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- 1 tsp. packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt 1 cup raw whole mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, and/or pecans work best)
How to Make Air Fryer Sweet and Spicy Mixed Nuts
In a medium bowl, combine the honey, avocado oil, Sriracha, packed brown sugar and sea salt. Add the nuts and mix together to combine. Once everything's evenly incorporated, transfer the nuts to an air fryer and arrange them evenly in the basket. Then, they are air fried at a lower temperature (325 F) for just a few minutes. You'll want to stop half way through and shake the basket a bit to make sure nothing's sticking and everything's air frying evenly. When the nuts are done, they'll smell fragrant and look a little toasty. Feel free to sprinkle more salt on top, if needed.
How to Store and Serve Air Fryer Sweet and Savory Mixed Nuts
Once these have cooled a little bit, transfer them to an airtight container. They'll keep at room temperature for several days. But we don't think they'll stick around that long because they're that delicious.
Serve them as a snack as is and you've got a ton of flavor right there. Or pop the into your kids' lunches (or your own), alongside some fresh fruit and chunks of sharp cheddar or Parmesan cheese. These air fried mixed nuts are definitely a tasty asset alongside with salami or even some olives.
Substitutions and Alterations
Don't want to make them super hot? Skip the Sriracha altogether or reduce the amount. Or sprinkle a dash of cayenne pepper in the mix before air frying.
Swap out agave nectar or maple syrup for the honey, which is awesome and a classic add to all kinds of mixed nuts. It would also make this snack vegan by eliminating the honey—if you're a vegan dieter who doesn't eat honey, that is.
You can use almonds, cashews with this recipe, or any combination thereof. Just make sure they're raw and unsalted; otherwise it defeats the purpose of making this awesome recipe if the nuts are already treated salt or some other flavor. Softer and/or smaller nuts won't hold up as well in the air fryer (think pistachios, peanuts, etc.)
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup raw whole mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, and/or walnuts work best)
- Preheat air fryer to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, avocado oil, sriracha, brown sugar, and salt. Add the raw nuts and toss well to combine.
- Add the nuts to the basket or tray in a single layer. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Cook times may vary based on air fryer model. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn.
- While still hot, sprinkle nuts with additional sea salt, if desired, then transfer to a sheet pan and allow to cool completely before storing. Store in an airtight container.