This deliciously marinated, grilled steak and fresh veggie steak fajita meal prep recipe is sure to make your mouth water!
Steak Fajita Meal Prep Ingredients:
- Siete brand Cassava Flour Tortillas (for keto, skip the tortillas and serve over lettuce)
- 2 lbs. Skirt Steak (large pieces of fat and tendons trimmed off)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced into 1/2” strips)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (sliced into 1/2” strips)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (sliced into 1/2” strips)
- 1 large White Onion (sliced into 1/2: strips)
- Half Bunch Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Limes (quartered)
- 1 Tbsp. Avocado Oil
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
- Optional: Sliced Avocado, Salsa, Sour Cream, Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 C. Tamari
- 1/3 C. Avocado Oil
- 1/3 C. Lime Juice (~4 Limes)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic Cloves
- 5 tsp. Ground Cumin
- 5 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
Steak Fajita Meal Prep
- 12 Siete Cassava Tortillas or tortillas of choice
- 2 pounds skirt steak trimmed of fat and tendons
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced into 1/2" strips
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper sliced into 1/2" strips
- 1 medium green bell pepper sliced into 1/2" strips
- 1 large white onions sliced into 1/2" strips
- 1/2 bunch Fresh cilantro
- 2 limes quartered
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice about 4 limes
- 2 tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1.5 tsp cumin
- 1.5 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried orgegano
Optional, for serving
- sliced avocado
- Sour Cream or greek yogurt
- In a large bowl/baking dish, whisk together all marinade ingredients until combined.
- Place skirt steak in marinade dish, flipping over a couple times until well-coated in marinade mixture. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 4 hours to overnight.
- When skirt steak has finished marinating and ready to cook, remove from marinade (discard marinade) and pat steak dry with a paper towel.
- Next, heat grill to high (~600℉—700℉).
- Once heated, place skirt steak onto grill. Cover with grill lid and let steak sear/cook for ~5 minutes on each side until reaching internal temperature of ~170℉ (for medium cooked), or adjust time until cooked to desired level.
- Remove steak from grill (but don’t turn grill off) and let skirt steak rest on a plate or cutting board for ~5–10 minutes, prior to cutting so as to retain moisture and flavor.
- While the meat rests, place a large cast-iron skillet on still heated grill — once skillet has heated up, add oil and veggies. Cook for ~10 minutes, or until tender, but firm, and lightly charred.
- While the veggies are cooking, also place tortillas straight onto the grill and lightly char/heat them on each side (~1-2 minutes per side). Then, set tortillas aside.
- Once rested, slice steak against the grain into 1/4” thick strips (drizzle any juices on top of cut strips for added flavor and moisture.
- When ready to eat, assemble fajitas by placing veggies and steak strips onto tortillas, top with cilantro, squeeze of lime, and any optional ingredients.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!