Steak, Sweet Potato, and Apple Hash Meal Prep
Spoiler alert! This meal does not consist of any ‘hash’! LOL. This culinary masterpiece is made up of chopped potatoes, meat, vegetables and apples for a twist. Can I hear someone say yum yum let’s have some! We plan on keeping these meal prep ideas coming peeps. So let’s dig into our new meal prep ideas recipe. Our steak sweet potato apple meal prep is that delicious flavorful fall hash you’ve been searching for.
How Long Will Steak Meal Prep Last For?
As with most cooked meats, at room temperature, consume within two hours. Refrigerated, in the proper airtight meal prep container, your steak sweet potato apple meal prep can last for 4 to 5 days.
Can Sweet Potato Apple Meal Prep be frozen?
These meal prep ideas hash creation can be frozen for up to 3 months! But once you allow yourself to indulge in the tasty goodness, a month may not see the last serving.
How do you make Steak Sweet Potato Apple Meal Prep?
I know you can’t wait to get started. Gather your ingredients, measuring utensils, mixing and other items you need to get this meal prep ideas recipe, a reality.
Get that trusty skillet ready over a medium-high fire and add a TBS of avocado oil. Once warm, add your chopped sweet potatoes and apple. Season with a pinch of Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, then cover your skillet. Stir often to prevent sticking and allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until soft and tender.
Prepare a separate skillet with the remaining 1 TBS of avocado oil left and heat over a medium-high fire. Add your sliced steak and season with a pinch of Himalayan sea salt and black pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes until all the sides are properly browned. Smell that delicious aroma!
Combine your skillet contents. But before you do so, drain the excess oil from the skillet you used to prepare your steak. Once you have done so, transfer your steak to the sweet potato and apple hash.
Season further with some thyme and sage. Then cook the mixture for another 5 minutes to infuse those fragrant seasonings into your steak sweet potato apple meal prep. There you have it, another awesome meal prep ideas recipe for your enjoyment!
How to portion Steak Sweet Potato Apple Meal Prep?
This appetizing meal prep ideas recipe can provide four servings.
More Steak Meal Prep Recipes
Just when you thought you had seen it all, here we come with more steak meal prep ideas recipes for just you!
- Apricot Cucumber Tofu Steak Meal Prep
- Grilled Steak & Garlic Roasted Potato Meal Prep
- Steak and Veggie Meal Prep
- Chimichurri Steak Meal Prep
- Low Carb Philly Cheesesteak Meal Prep
Other Tips For Making this Sweet Potato Meal Prep Idea.
We have you covered, people. Here are a few tips for improving this sweet potato meal prep recipe.
- Consider diving your hash using four meal prep containers. Airtight containers are perfect for helping to keep your hash fresh and free from absorbing fridge odors and microbe spoilage. Then store in the fridge. Always reheat before serving.
- Ensure that your steak is thinly sliced so that it can be easily flavored by the ingredients of the sweet potato and apple hash.
- Feel free to add your favorite spices to flavor your meal if the spices we have aren’t quite your flavor. If you aren’t familiar with some of the ingredients, just remember you’re in good hands, so trust our recipe to be healthy and delicious.
If you enjoy steak and hash, this meal prep ideas recipe is perfect for you! Come on, try our steak sweet potato apple meal prep recipe today.
Steak, Sweet Potato & Apple Hash Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 1 lb Thinly Sliced Beef
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large apples, core and diced
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 2 TBS avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon sage
- Black pepper
- 1 pound thinly sliced steak or beef of choice
- 2 large sweet potatoes chopped
- 2 large apples cored and chopped
- 2 tbs avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Add 1 TBS avocado oil to a large skillet over medium-high. Once warm, add the sweet potato and apple with a pinch of Himalayan sea salt and black pepper. Cover and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring often, until soft and tender.
- In a separate large skillet, add the remaining 1 TBS of avocado and heat over medium-high. Add the sliced beef with a pinch of Himalayan sea salt and black pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes, until all sides are well browned.
- Drain any excess oil, then transfer the steak to the apple and sweet potato hash.
- Season with thyme and sage, and cook another 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Divide hash between 4 meal prep containers and store in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat before serving.