Kabob Combos will keep you and your grill busy this summer—or whenever you grill. Read on for more inspiration!
When it's time to grill, you want to be ready for it. There are endless combos of kabobs and we've pulled together a few of our favorites. We love them for the grill because they are quick to make, high in protein, easily customizable, and perfect for meal prep. Combine your favorite proteins with veggies, a starch, fruit, or anything else you have on hand for a satisfying and nutritious meal prep.
We like to experiment with kabob combos and instead of using steak, swap out for proteins such as chicken, pork, or shrimp. Salmon, swordfish, and/or mahi mahi, or any other firm fish grill up well, too. Kabobs (or kebabs, kebobs—there are so many ways to spell it) happen to be a fine way to use a lot of your favorite seasonal veggies, too, such as zucchini, yellow squash, and peppers.
Tips for Kabobs
- Cut the pieces of meat, fruit and/or veggies into similar sizes so they cook evenly and at the same rate.
- Keep in mind that proteins like shrimp will cook faster than chicken or shrimp.
- Firm veggies work best on the grill, but things like potatoes will take longer than almost any protein you can think of. It can be helpful to boil them a little bit ahead of time or, as in the case with one of the recipes below, microwave them first.
- Marinating meat ahead of time can add a ton of flavor. A simple combination of oil, herbs, salt, and pepper work well. Consider barbecue sauce, soy sauce, or mustard, too.
Now, every kabob combo will cook differently, but when it comes to grilling a beef kabob, here is a great cooking guide:
- Place the kabobs on the hot grill directly over the flame or coals.
- Keep the lid open since we are cooking on direct heat.
- Grill for 10 to 12 minutes. Then, rotate the kabobs 90 degrees every 4 minutes until the meat is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
These kofta kebabs are made with ground beef and seasoned with an assortment of spices. Serve alongside tzatziki or hummus.
Perfect for summer, this meal is delicious when you serve it like a pasta salad: chilled for those scorching hot summer days. (We also like it warm, too.)
These beef kabobs are dressed with an easy pesto sauce. This keto-friendly main dish can be made on the grill or indoors on a grill pan. Not a fan of pesto? Try it with chimichurri; it will taste great, too.
It's like steak and potatoes but in kabob form! Use the microwave and the grill to expedite the cooking process for these tasty beef and potato kabobs.
Ready in 20 minutes and easy to make, this Cauliflower Fried Rice with Legumes and Chicken Shish Kabobs is a healthy, protein-packed recipe that is also full of veggies!
Cubes of seasoned, tender steak grilled with mushrooms, peppers, and onions on a skewer. A recipe that's perfect for an appetizer, snack, or dinner. It feels like the heartiest of steak dinners, except on skewers.
This recipe combines fresh fruit and steak in a colorful, easy-to-eat kabob. This "Beef: It's What's For Dinner" recipe is certified by the American Heart Association®. We bet you'll love the combo of beef and fruit. Don't knock it till you've tried it!