Forget the Starbucks breakfast wraps! Instead, make these Steak & Egg White Salsa Verde Breakfast Wraps at home for a fraction of the cost! This recipe is high-protein, low carb, and low fat. And don’t even get us going on the homemade salsa verde – Out of this world!
Bye bye fast-food breakfast wraps, hello delicious, nutritious, and affordable breakfast meal prep! Try our salsa verde breakfast wrap because it’s the real deal! Satisfying, hearty, and packed with all the early morning essentials, you can’t say no to these breakfast wraps to kickstart your day. You’ll get the most from this morning recipe because it’s packed with protein (the perfect meal after your morning workouts). Our salsa verde breakfast wraps offer the extra nutrients boost that keeps you satisfied until your next meal. Breakfast wraps are the perfect grab-on-the-move breakfast, do you think?
How long will Steak and Egg White Salsa Verde Breakfast Wraps last for?
These salsa verde breakfast wraps can maintain their freshness and taste in the fridge for five days. For storage, wrap each burrito in parchment paper before transferring them into a large Ziploc bag.
Can Steak and Egg White Salsa Verde Breakfast Wraps be frozen?
These breakfast wraps freeze nicely and are easy to store away. You have up to two months of breakfast waiting in a labeled freezer bag. How convenient! To ensure your breakfast meal prep recipe maintains the same flavor and freshness, wrap them nicely in high-quality aluminum foil. Put them in a large freezer bag or our Good Cook® meal prep containers for extra protection before placing them in the freezer. Talk about using your time wisely!
Steak & Egg White Salsa Verde Breakfast Wraps Ingredients:
1 tsp. olive oil
1 1/2 lbs. tomatillos
1/4 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup cilantro
1 tbsp. lime juice
15 large egg whites
5 oz flank steak
5 whole wheat wraps
How do you make Steak and Egg White Salsa Verde Breakfast Wraps?
Our salsa verde breakfast wraps are sensationally delicious, versatile, easy, and convenient. They’re ready in 20 minutes and you can make a batch to refrigerate for the week or freeze for future meals. Ok, we know you’re sold on these, so let’s eat!
Start by making the salsa verde (green salsa). To make the salsa, put olive oil, tomatillos, onion, and jalapeño in a large skillet. We want our wraps to have a bit of crispiness, so sauté on high heat until the ingredients caramelize on both sides. Then transfer what you’ve sautéed into a blender or food processor. Add in garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. Now blend! Blend until all the ingredients combine evenly. Next, we prepare the wraps that the salsa will cover. Scramble egg whites until they cook through. Remove the scrambles from the pan. Then add the flank steak and seasoning. Cook the steak as desired and that’s just about it! Finally, make the wraps by layering egg whites, steak, and salsa in the middle and fold up for the filling. Wrap in parchment paper and seal, repeating the same process until you make all the wraps. Easy peasy, right?
How to portion Steak and Egg White Salsa Verde Breakfast Wraps
When you’re done cooking this breakfast meal prep recipe, make sure your wraps are in parchment paper, and arrange them in our durable one compartment containers.
More Breakfast meal prep recipes:
Egg, Potato, and Broccoli Breakfast Meal Prep. An early morning delicious filling gives you a happy mood the entire day.
Other tips for making Steak and Egg White Salsa Verde Breakfast Wraps:
- You can grill the flank steak or cook it on the stove depending on what flavors and doneness you prefer.
- Marinating the steak provides that extra flavor. If you have enough time, marinate for around 6 hours. The longer it marinates, the more tender and flavorful the steak becomes.
- You can substitute tomatillos with under-ripe tomatoes. Add in some lime juice to the under-ripe tomatoes for the tartness tomatillos offer.
- Substitute the steak with chicken, or make it vegetarian by swapping beans for meat.
Pin this Meal Prep Recipe for later:
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos
- 1 Jalapeno
- 1/4 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- Sea Salt
- 15 large egg whites
- 5 oz flank steak
- 5 medium whole wheat wraps
- Add olive oil, tomatillos, onion and jalapeno to a large skillet
- Saute on high heat until carmelized on both sides
- Transfer ingredients to a blender and add in garlic, cilantro and lime juice
- Blend until combine
- Scramble egg whites until just cooked through
- Remove from the pan and add in flank steak and seasoning
- Cook steak until desired doneness
- Make wraps by layering egg whites, steak and salsa in the middle and folding up
- Wrap in parchment paper and seal
- Repreat until all wraps are made