Core Killer! 1 Workout,10 Minutes, Sculpted Abs
It is summer and everyone is working hard to get their bodies “swimsuit ready”. We spend more time in tank tops, shorts, and swimsuits, so it is nice to show off a strong CORE. A strong CORE is not only nice to look at, but it also serves other functions to help us have better posture, be more efficient in our workouts, play beach volleyball, golf, or swim stronger, and be that person to carry the cooler with no back pain. This workout will help you do just that.
This core workout is versatile, challenging, can be done anywhere, requires no equipment, and strengthens not just your core, but your entire beautiful body. Grab a mat, to protect your back, and find a space in your home, gym, or even outside at the park and let’s start to strengthening your CORE! Remember that is very easy to do these exercises the wrong way, so make sure to follow the instructions and tips that are included below, after watching the video. Also, remember that getting a strong and sexy core is not just about doing hundreds of sit-ups and planks it is also about living a healthy lifestyle. Make sure that you are drinking lots of water during these warmer months and eating healthy.
Here is what you need to do for this core workout series:
- Crunches – Dig your heels into the ground, while keeping your arms straight and above your head. Keep it ALL engaged. Slowly come up to a seated position and then slowly lower back down. Inhale when you come up and exhale when you come down. 3x sets of 15 repetitions.
- Side Plank with Hip Raises – Make sure that your wrists are aligned with your shoulder and your feet are stacked while keeping your legs engaged. Slowly lower your hips towards the ground and then slowly bring them back up. 3x sets of 15 repetitions on each side.
- 1 – Leg Crunches – Just like crunches, dig your heels into the ground, while keeping your arms straight and above your head. Keep it ALL engaged. Slow and steady wins the race with this move. 3x sets of 15 repetitions on each side.
- Plank to Forearm Plank – Make sure that your wrists are aligned with your shoulders. Keep your legs engaged, neck in a neutral position, and suck that belly to the back of your spine. Slowly lower down to your forearms and then slowly come back up to plank position. 3x sets of 10 repetitions.
Here are some important tips to remember when doing this core workout series:
- Keep everything ENGAGED! This is key for not only strengthening your core, but also for building your overall strength and balance.
- SLOW and STEADY! There is no need to rush through these moves. The slower you go, the more effective the move is, and the better the burn!
- Focus on your breathing…Remember to always exhale when you are going against gravity.
- Think outside the box! Do this workout all at once…Add one or two moves into your next strength training workout…Add more sets or repetitions depending on your strength and energy levels.
- DO WHAT WORKS FOR YOU!!!
Article Courtesy Of Katie Uhran. Katie is a fitness and lifestyle influencer who lives in Charleston, South Carolina. She is passionate about running, yoga, writing, food, and inspiring others to live their happiest life inside and out. I share workouts, simple recipes, self-care tips, and more! You can find Katie on her website: www.katieuhran.com
Subscribe to Blog via Email