Thai Basil Chicken Meal Prep
Besides tasting amazing, this restaurant-quality meal can be made in 10 minutes! Add your favorite steamed veggies, and if you’d like, a whole grain like rice or quinoa.
Thai Basil Chicken Meal Prep Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds chicken, minced (or use ground chicken)
3 tablespoons sesame oil
¼ cup Thai shallots, minced
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
2-3 Thai bird chilis (can sub sriracha chili sauce)
½ cup coconut aminos*
3 tablespoons honey or date syrup
1-2 tablespoons fish sauce
¼ cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon arrowroot
2 cups Thai basil** (sometimes called holy basil)
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Breast
- 3 tbs sesame oil
- 1/4 cup Thai shallots
- 2 tbs Minced Garlic
- 2-3 Thai Bird Chilis
- 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 3 tbs Honey
- 1-2 tbs fish sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tsp arrowroot
- 2 cups fresh Thai Basil
- Add sesame oil to a skillet on high heat. Add shallots, garlic, and chilis, and stir fry for 2 minutes to soften and infuse the oil with their flavors.
- Add the chicken, and break up, continuing to stir fry on high heat.
- Add the coconut aminos, honey, and fish sauce, and stir to combine.
- Add arrowroot powder to the chicken broth and stir (don’t worry about it combining - it will combine when heated in the pan).
- When most of the liquid has evaporated, push the chicken to the edge of the pan, and deglaze the pan with the chicken broth (meaning, scrape the flavorful coating off the bottom of the pan. Stir quickly to mix together the sauce, and then coat the chicken with the sauce.
- Add the whole basil leaves, and stir fry for about 30 seconds to allow them to wilt.
- Serve over rice or other whole grain, with steamed vegetables, if desired.