NOTE: These menus are designed to give you meal ideas, not to tell you how many calories to eat per day. Please make sure to calculate your macros HERE and then adjust the portion sizes of the menu items as needed.
Wow, we can’t believe 2021 is already here! Let’s hope it’s better than 2020! With the start of the new year comes the start of new habits, healthy changes, and mindsets! Oh, and the whole30 reset for many. So, we are kicking off the new year with an easy, and very customizable Whole30 meal plan. But you don’t need to be doing the whole30 to follow this plan. This plan is good for anyone who wants to get more nutrient-dense meals into their day.
Although most people enjoy meat proteins while doing the whole30, we have swaps listed below for our vegetarian friends! Plus, many of the recipes are freezer-friendly, so you don’t have to let food go to waste.
Typically during the Whole30 snacks aren’t allowed and you don’t eat out much. That is why we have the snacks listed as optional and meals laid out for 6 days. Day 7 can be a “finish up what you have” or “grab a meal from the freezer” day.
However, it is important to do what is right for you! So, if you need snacks to fuel your workouts and stay satisfied, feel free! If you need larger portions or smaller portions) adjust them as necessary. At the end of the day, it’s about listening to your body and doing what is right for you!
This week’s recipes
- Sausage Lover’s Breakfast Casserole
- Steak, Sweet Potato, and Apple Hash
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- White Chicken Chili
- Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel
- Cremini Mushroom Meatloaf
Don’t forget to leave a comment on each recipe to let us know how you liked them! We love seeing your photos in the Meal Prep Facebook group too!
How To Customize*:
Please note that if you are following the Whole30 diet then you must use swaps that are whole30 compliant. If you have questions, head over to our Facebook Group to ask or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Sauage Lover’s Casserole – swap any frozen or pre-cooked veggies that you have on hand. This recipe works great with veggies that need to be used up soon! No food waste! You can also swap the sausage for turkey sausage, bacon, or any other protein.
- Steak, Sweet Potato, and Apple Hash – swap steak for chicken, the sweet potato for white potato, and apple for the pear, if desired. This recipe is easily customizable to what you have on hand.
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – again, you can swap the sweet potatoes for white potatoes if desired. The pulled chicken would be extra tasty swapped with shredded beef. If you aren’t feeling coleslaw, serve with steamed or roasted broccoli.
- White Chicken Chili – we wouldn’t recommend any swaps here unless you don’t like spicy food then you can leave out the jalapeno. This recipe is easy to freeze for meals another week, too!
- Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel – a boneless pork chop would be an excellent sub for the chicken!
- Cremini Mushroom Meatloaf – ground turkey or chicken can be subbed for the ground beef.
Vegetarian Swaps (if not doing whole30):
- Sauage Lover’s Casserole – leave the sausage out and add extra veggies, cheese, or vegetarian sausage.
- Steak, Sweet Potato, and Apple Hash – remove the steak and add in crumbled tofu or vegetarian breakfast sausage.
- BBQ Pulled Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes – swap the chicken for crumbled tofu.
- White Chicken Chili – leave out the chicken and add white beans.
- Air Fryer Chicken Schnitzel – sub the chicken with tofu or tempeh.
- Cremini Mushroom Meatloaf – make this recipe instead.
*Please note that any changes to ingredients will alter the macros on each recipe.