Balsamic Sausage and Veggie Meal Prep
Ah, summertime. The time for friends, family, and perfect weather. The days are longer and the nights are shorter. Because nights are shorter, dinnertime can feel rushed or overlooked. The idea of getting takeout or grilling sounds better, right? So if you're looking for a quick and delicious meal to share with friends and family, we've got an Italian Balsamic Sausage and Veggie dish that can be enjoyed in many ways!
Our Balsamic Sausage and Veggies recipe is an easy sheet pan recipe that is ready to enjoy in an hour. It's also nutritious and filling for being a simple sausage and veggies recipe. This sausage and veggie meal prep recipe is also ideal for lunch as an earthy, flavorful pick-me-up. The roasted vegetables are seasoned with garlic, parsley, basil, pepper, lemon, and a balsamic glaze. Classic Italian seasonings that never disappoint! Other than the taste, we appreciate that Balsamic Sausage and Veggies is a versatile meal. You can pair it with pasta, make it into a salad, or eat it alone. You can even swap out the sausage with a vegan substitute. Oh, how we love a savory and easy sheet pan recipe!
Balsamic Sausage and Veggie Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 4 Fully Cooked Italian Sausages (cut at an angle into ¾” thick slices) (use whole30 compliant, if needed)
- 3 Medium Zucchinis (sliced into ¾” thick semi-circles)
- 3 Medium Yellow Summer Squash (sliced into ¾” thick semi-circles)
- 3 Roma Tomatoes (quartered)
- ¼ C. Avocado Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (minced or grated)
- 5 Tbsp. Balsamic Glaze
- 2.5 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Italian/Flat leaf Parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Basil (roughly chopped)
- ¼ tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Juice of 1 Lemon
How long will Balsamic Sausage and Veggies last for?
This meal will last for up to 4 days when kept in the refrigerator. For optimal freshness, keep leftover sausage and veggies in a shallow airtight container.
Can Balsamic Sausage and Veggies be frozen?
Yes, it can. When you're ready to freeze sausage and veggies leftovers, put it in a resealable freezer bag (don't forget to label the bag first). Be sure to remove excess air from the bag before sealing. Balsamic Sausage and Veggies can last for six months in the freezer, but thaw and enjoy sooner if you can. Frozen sausage and veggies will lose their flavor after 3 months.
How do you make Balsamic Sausage and Veggies?
It's an easy sheet pan recipe, so pretty much gather all of your ingredients, put the prepped food on a lined sheet pan, and cook it in a preheated oven. For starters, preheat the oven to 420 degrees. While the oven is preheating, make your balsamic marinade. Then add the sausage and veggies, making sure they're fully coated in the marinade. Once the oven is heated and food is prepped, place your sausage and veggies on a foil-lined sheet pan. Let the recipe cook on the middle rack for 15 minutes. You'll know it's done when the veggies are tender and the sausage is seared.
How to portion this meal prep recipe:
Once your meal is cooked, place sausage on top of the vegetables. You want to have more veggies than sausage. This easy sheet pan recipe yields four servings. When you're ready to store and save additional meals, divvy up the sausage and veggies. You can store in a one-compartment meal prep container or a two-compartment container if you want the sausage and vegetables separate. If you opt for the two-compartment container, put the sausage in the smaller slot.
More Sausage meal prep recipes:
MPOFers, would like more sausage? Then check out these other sausage and vegetable meal prep recipes:
Other tips for making Balsamic Sausage and Veggies:
- Get creative! Use different sausages. You can use vegan sausage, turkey sausage, chicken sausage, and others.
- For best sheet pan cooking results, keep your sausage and vegetable cuts thick enough to enjoy but thin enough to cook thoroughly. Cuts should be no more than 1" thick and cut the sausage into angle slices.
- Spread out sausage and vegetables for even cooking.
- The better the sheet pan, the better the sheet pan recipes come out! Here's an affordable, high-quality sheet pan if you're looking.