Thank you to al fresco for sponsoring this post, and thank YOU for supporting the brands that help make Meal Prep On Fleek possible. All opinions are our own.
This Sweet ‘N Spicy Jalapeno Sausage Fried Rice recipe comes together in less than 30 minutes thanks to the short ingredient list and the use of fully pre-cooked sausages and chicken breast. The sweet flavor of pineapple combined with the spicy flavor from the jalapeno sausages is guaranteed to have you coming back to this recipe again and again.
If you’ve been hanging around here for a while, then you know that one thing we really love is sausages because they pack in so much flavor. The other thing we love? Time-saving tricks to make sure that we don’t spend all day meal prepping. Buying fully pre-cooked sausages like the ones we used here from al fresco take this recipe from 45-50 minutes to less than 30 minutes. More flavor + saving time? Where do we sign up?
Sweet ‘N Spicy Jalapeno Sausage Fried Rice is a spin-off of a family favorite, Chicken Hawaiian. The original recipe calls for peppers, onion, chicken, pineapple, and cream of chicken soup. However, we didn’t have any cream of chicken soup on hand (do people even buy that anymore?), so we decided to forgo the soup and add in some spicy al fresco jalapeno sausages for extra flavor instead!
Boy, did we make the right move with that swap! The sweet pineapple works so nicely with the kick from the spicy jalapeno chicken sausages. Finished off with fresh cilantro and lime, it’s like a trip for your taste buds.
Sweet ‘N Spicy Jalapeno Sausage Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cups pineapple
- 4 al fresco Spicy Jalapeno Chicken Sausage
- 2 large chicken breast
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 6 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 lime
- 1 large avocado, optional
- 1 medium red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 medium red onion diced
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into desired size chunks
- 4 al fresco Spicy Jalapeno Sausages cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 large Chicken Breast cooked and cut into bite size pieces (ours was 14 ounces)
- 1 tbs avocado oil or oil of choice, divided
- 1/2 cup Fresh cilantro
- 6 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 lime qaurtered
- 1 medium Avocado optional
- salt & pepper if desired
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in your riced cauliflower and cook (mixing every minute or so) until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add your remaining 1/2 tbsp avocado oil to the pan.
- Add in your peppers and onion. Cook 3 minutes.
- Add your sliced al fresco Spicy Jalapeno Chicken sausage and diced chicken to your vegetables. Saute in the pan until the spicy jalapeno sausages and chicken are heated through.
- Add in your pineapple and cook for 2 minutes.
- Laslty, add your riced cauliflower back into the pan and toss gently. Cover and let reheat for 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in fresh cilantro, salt, and pepper, if desired.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and sliced avocado.