Keto Bacon Sausage Meatballs
Italian Sausage wrapped in bacon is an easy meal prep meal that’s packed with protein and flavor. Great for breakfast, lunch, snack or even dinner!
It’s been a minute since we have made meatballs! With all the craziness of sheet pan and crockpot recipes, they kind of got lost, but they are back! And we have a recipe that is beyond flavorful and keto friendly! It’s so good we guarantee you will never miss the breadcrumbs.
These tasty bites come together with only 5 ingredients, one being bacon. And who can ever say no to bacon! They can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack or even a meal. If you’d like to add a sauce, go ahead, but the bacon really gives it enough (in our humble opinion!).
You can add a few hard boiled eggs to increase your fat and/or protein if you are following a keto or high protein diet. Or, if you are on a more traditional macro plan, you can pair these with some roasted sweet potatoes and veggie of choice.
Keto Bacon Sausage Meatballs Ingredients:
1 lb. spicy Italian Sausage
9 bacon slices, uncooked
2 tbsp. minced garlic
2 tbsp. white onion, diced
1 tbsp. dried oregano
[blog_subscription_form title=”Subscribe to Meal Prep on Fleek” blog_subscription_form subscribe_text=”Get new recipes and articles delivered to your inbox”]
- 1 pound spicy italian sausage whole30, if needed
- 9 sliced sugar free bacon
- 2 tbsp. garlic minced
- 2 tbsp. white onion diced
- 1 tbsp. Dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a standard muffin pan by greasing 9 cavities lightly with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Italian sausage, garlic, onion and oregano.
- Roll the mixture into 9 equal balls with your hands and place on a plate.
- Wrap each ball with a slice of bacon then place each one in a muffin cavity.
- Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes then cook under a high broiler for 5 minutes to get the bacon crispy.
- Remove from the oven and prep!