One Pan Mushroom, Pomegranate & Feta Wild Rice
Little work. Big flavors. One Pan Mushroom, Pomegranate & Feta Wild Rice combines hearty crimini mushrooms with sweet pomegranate seeds and wild rice. Finished off with crumbled feta cheese for a salty & sweet dish. Gluten Free. Vegetarian.
One Pan Mushroom, Pomegranate & Feta Wild Rice is an easy, gluten-free recipe that works as a hearty main dish or a flavorful side dish. To be honest, this recipe came about one meal prep Sunday when we were looking for a meatless dish to prep.
We didn't want to run out to the store to spend money, so instead we worked with what we had on hand and, well, the rest is in the recipe 😉 The flavors came together so well that we knew we had to share this with you!
Who could resist the chewy texture of wild rice, the heartiness of criminology mushrooms, a bit of sweetness from pomegranate seeds, savory chives and a salty finish with goat cheese? Um, definitely not us!
You can serve this gluten-free, vegetarian dish as a full meal or, for our meat eating friends, serve along side some cooked chicken or even toss leftover diced chicken right in! You could also opt to add in beans or tofu for extra plant-based protein.
One Pan Mushroom, Pomegranate & Feta Wild Rice Ingredients:
1 tbs ghee
1 lb crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small white onion, diced small
¾ cup wild rice
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup sliced green onions
½ cup pomegranate seeds
½ cup feta or goat cheese
salt & pepper, as desired
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 pound crimini mushrooms washed and sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 small white onion diced small
- ¾ cup wild rice can sub quinoa or brown rice
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup feta or goat cheese
- salt & pepper as desired
- Heat ½ tablespoon ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When ghee is melted add in garlic and onion and cook for 1 minute. Add in mushrooms, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in your rice and chicken broth. Cover pan with a lid and simmer over medium low heat for 25-30 minutes or until all liquid is gone.
- Remove pan from the heat and toss in pomegranate seeds, green onion and feta.
- Serve as a main dish (4 servings) or a side (makes 6 servings).