If you want an island flavor party in your mouth that will make you want to pull out a Hawaiian shirt, a coconut bra, a grass skirt and do a little hula dancing, then look no further…this Hawaiian Pizza Chicken meal prep recipe is a must-try for you!
MPOF took everything you love about Hawaiian pizza and brought it together with chicken instead of crust, making it into a healthy, low-carb meal prep recipe that’s delectable and downright delicious! The sweet, juicy pineapple, hearty ham, and zesty tomato sauce topped with sizzling mozzarella cheese will have you and your whole family ready to sip your little umbrella adorned piňa Coladas in the island sun. Serve with steamed broccoli to round out a complete meal. Mmmm…mmmm.
This fun low-carb pizza is a great high protein meal! Top a chicken breast with pizza sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings. This version uses ham and pineapple for a fun Hawaiian twist.
How long will Hawaiian Pizza Chicken last?
This Hawaiian Pizza Chicken meal will last 3 to 4 days in the fridge when properly stored. We recommend you use these glass meal prep containers. They are microwavable, as well as fridge and freezer safe, so reheating your Hawaiian Pizza Chicken in these awesome meal prep containers is an island breeze. Not to mention the airtight, leakproof lids will keep your prepped meals fresh for longer.
If you want to make sure your meal reheats evenly, it is a good idea to slice up the chicken before storing it. Also, if you put a little bit of extra pizza sauce on the bottom of the container before adding the chicken to the meal prep container, you will be sure to have delicious, moist chicken for all 4 meals.
Can Hawaiian Pizza Meal Prep Recipe be frozen?
This Pizza Chicken meal prep recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months. Once the meal is completely cooled, slice the chicken and put a little pizza sauce in the bottom of the glass meal prep containers and place the chicken and broccoli in the meal-prep containers, top with plastic wrap, and seal the lids and pop them in the freezer.
To reheat, remove the lid, keep the plastic wrap on, and warm in the microwave until it’s heated throughout. You can also add a bit of extra sauce and cheese before reheating to ensure that it stays moist and cheesy.
How do you make Hawaiian Pizza Chicken?
You know we love to share simple, yet satisfying meals with you here at Meal Prep on Fleek. This recipe is no exception. Start by preheating the oven. Take 4 thawed Chicken breasts and season both sides with sea salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. To make the meat more tender, place it in wax paper and lightly pound with a marinating prep tool (aka meat mallet) about 10 times per breast.
Place the seasoned, tenderized meat in a glass baking dish and cover with foil. Bake chicken as directed and then remove the foil and top with pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, and ham and pineapple. Return to the oven and bake until bubbly and starting to brown. Remove from the oven and let cool. Add parmesan and red chili flakes. Serve with steamed broccoli or any other favorite vegetable.
More recipes like Pizza Chicken Meal Prep Recipes:
If you are looking for more recipes with an island flair and bursting with flavor, check out these other MPOF recipes!
Other tips for making this Chicken meal prep recipe:
- You can substitute Chicken tenders in place of the Chicken Breast. Use 3-4 chicken tenders in place of one chicken breast. Reduce initial baking time to about 12 or 13 minutes and then top with sauce, cheese, ham, and pineapple and return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Use any of your favorite pizza toppings for a variety in this recipe.
- Instead of the steamed broccoli, try asparagus, cauliflower rice, zucchini or any other veggie favorite.
This will be sure to become a favorite meal for you and your family. It’s the perfect keto-friendly, low-calorie meal to add to your recipe arsenal.
Hawaiian Pizza Chicken Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1-2 balls of buffalo mozzarella (or 1 cup shredded mozzarella)
- ½ cup Canadian bacon or baked ham, chopped
- ½ cup pineapple
- Parmesan cheese and red chili flakes, to garnish, optional
- 2 cups broccoli, steamed
- 4 medium Chicken Breast *Nutrition calculated using 1 pound
- 1 tbs italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese *we used full fat
- 1/2 cup Canadian bacon or ham choped
- 1/2 cup pineapple diced
- parmesan & red pepper flakes for garnish, optional
- 2 cups Broccoli steamed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add chicken breasts to a baking dish, and season both sides with sea salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Bake chicken for 18 minutes, until it’s slightly undercooked.
- Top chicken breasts with pizza sauce, sliced or shredded mozzarella, ham and pineapple. Return to oven to bake for another 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is starting to brown and bubble.
- Serve with steamed broccoli.