Cheeseburger Pizza Chicken Meal Prep sounds like a lot of tasty buzzwords! This keto recipe is a mashup of pizza and cheeseburgers. Say no more!
This incredible comfort food meal prep idea is what you get when you combine two favorites, pizza, and cheeseburgers. Whodathunkit? It's gluten-free, low-carb, and ketogenic, and it can be yours tonight (and the night after that, and after that . . . you get the idea.) Instead of bread as the base, it's chicken!
This healthy meal prep is so hearty and filling you won't miss the bread at all. Serve it over top a large lettuce leaf if you want to simulate bread, or pick it up with one hand. But you might find it's a lot easier to eat this with a knife and fork. You do you!
Cheeseburger Pizza Chicken Meal Prep Ingredients
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- ½ cup Sir Kensington special sauce
- 4 ounces Colby Jack cheese
- 4 to 6 ounces ground beef, cooked
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup dill pickles, drained
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 cups broccoli
How to Make Cheeseburger Pizza Chicken Meal Prep
It goes like this. The chicken breast is the bread. The cheese goes on top (that's the "pizza"), and the ground beef goes on top of that. Then you add more cheese, and the toppings, which include red onion, along with some salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a side of steamed broccoli and pickles, if you like. And that is your cheeseburger pizza chicken mash-up keto meal prep, friends. Oh, and let's not forget the special sauce!
Perhaps you've seen such an ingenious idea before with our Pizza Chicken Meal Prep Recipe?
What's Sir Kensington's Special Sauce?
So, we love anything called "special sauce," right? Sir Kensington is a condiment brand we're fans of because the ingredients are pronounceable and they tend to work well with keto and paleo diets. This one is plant-based, too—it's basically a seasoned mayo with paprika, mustard, and some other seasonings. We don't want to ruin the surprise, because then it wouldn't be special, would it?
How to Serve Cheeseburger Pizza Chicken Meal Prep
We like to prep this meal as directed and keep it in the fridge, as usual, in a sealed meal prep container. When it's time to reheat, put it in the oven briefly under high heat so the cheese re-melts a bit. Or, if you're so inclined, add more cheese and let it melt under the broiler.
We have specified serving this with a side of steamed or roasted broccoli (you can add the broccoli to the baking sheet if you like), but a green salad is great, too.
For those who aren't worried about carbs but who don't eat gluten, serve this with some homemade steak fries or roasted potatoes.
Substitutions and Alterations
Oh, this is a fun one to mess around with. Think about how you like cheeseburgers, and take it from there!
- Use ground chicken, turkey, pork, or veal instead of beef, or come up with your own combination of ground meats for your favorite and best results, like you'd do with meatballs.
- Use American cheese, cheddar, or maybe even jalapeno cheddar cheese instead of Colby Jack cheese.
- For the full burger effect, garnish with sliced tomatoes and lettuce, or serve them alongside, like deconstructed toppings, with some of the special sauce drizzled over the top.
- Swap red onion for white or yellow onion, based on what you've got on hand.
- Use ketchup (sparingly, if you're watching carbs) or mustard if you can't find or don't like the special sauce.
READ MORE: Low-Carb Pizza Meal Prep Recipe Is Next On Your List!
- 1 pound chicken breast pounded thin
- ½ cup Sir Kensington special sauce
- 4 ounce Colby Jack cheese
- 4-6 ounces lean ground beef cooked (nutrition calculated using 4 ounces of 93% lean ground beef)
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup dill pickles drained
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups broccoli steamed or roasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, top with some special sauce, and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and top the chicken with cheese, ground beef, and sliced onions.
- Bake for an additional 6-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and onions are tender.
- Remove from the oven and top with sliced pickles. Serve with a side of broccoli or a green salad.