Chicken marinated in a spicy mustard thyme marinate is baked on a sheet pan with coconut infused Brussels sprouts. A flavorful meal with minimal ingredients. Perfect for an easy meal prep!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for……NO MORE BORING CHICKEN!!! And when you scream, we answer! Insert this super easy and insanely flavorful spicy mustard thyme chicken recipe! Clocking in at less than $4 per serving (have you caught on to our under $4 a meal trend yet?) this low carb and whole30/paleo compliant meal prep shows you just how easy prepping can be!
And if you are a vegan or vegetarian the marinade on this chicken would taste amazing on tofu! Trust us!
For those of us looking for a few more carbs in our diet round out this meal with a sweet potato, whole grain pasta or any white rice alternative! Even with the extra side this meal will still cost you less than any takeout!
Spicy Mustard Thyme Chicken & Coconut Roasted Brussels Sprouts Ingredients:
1 lb. Brussels sprouts sliced in half
2 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
¼ cup ground spicy mustard
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. thyme
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp. melted coconut oil
Spicy Mustard Thyme Chicken & Coconut Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts sliced in half
- 2 medium Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup ground spicy mustard
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. thyme
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil melted
- In a small ramekin, whisk together the spicy mustard with lemon juice, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Place the two chicken breasts in a bowl and pour the mustard over them. Using a spoon, coat the chicken breasts with the mustard. Place in the refrigerator to marinate 10 minutes then remove and bring to room temperature 15 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next place Brussels sprouts in a medium bowl and toss with melted coconut oil, salt and pepper.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to the prepared baking sheets, spreading into an even layer.
- Place marinated chicken breasts in a glass baking pan.
- Place the chicken breasts in the oven baking at 350 F 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, place the Brussels sprouts in the oven. Cook both 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and divide the meal into two servings, placing in individual meal prep containers.