Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups
At Meal Prep on Fleek, we know that easy & delicious meal prep recipes are our specialty. This meal prep recipe - Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups - is no exception. In fact, we may have outdone ourselves this time!
We love pizza for breakfast, and not only after a night of drinking. You could probably eat the entire pan now, but this meal prep recipe yields 4 servings. One serving is 2 pizza cups.
So without further ado, let's chat more about pizza for breakfast!
How long will these last?
Egg cups last for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. The best way to store Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups in the fridge is to use a plastic gallon bag. Or, leave the egg cups in the muffin pan and tightly wrap the pan in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Can you free Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups?
Yes. You can freeze pepperoni pizza egg cups for up to 2 months. To freeze pepperoni pizza egg cups, completely cool them down after baking. Then, place the cups on a baking sheet. Put the sheet in the freezer for 1-2 hours. Once the egg cups are thoroughly frozen, put your now frozen breakfast bites into a labeled freezer gallon bag. You can also use an airtight freezer-friendly container. When you're ready to reheat and enjoy your egg cups, thaw them in the fridge the night before. When thawed, warm-up pepperoni pizza egg cups in the microwave or oven.
Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups Ingredients:
- 12 Eggs
- 2 Cups Red and/or Green Grapes
- 1 (16 oz.) Jar of Pizza Sauce
- ⅔ C. Mozzarella Shreds
- ⅓ C. Pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- ½ tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Optional: Red Chili Flakes; Italian Parsley; Grated Parmesan
How do you make Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups?
First things first, you'll need to preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Then, line your muffin pan with silicone muffin liners. Paper liners can be messy! Start sprinkling egg cup filling ingredients into the muffin pan liners. Then proceed to mix up the eggs and seasonings. Fill the muffin pan and liners with the egg mix. Finally, place the pan in the oven and bake on the middle rack for 15-20 minutes. Your delicious pepperoni pizza egg cups will be firm and golden! Serve these savory breakfast cups with fresh or sauteed vegetables, fresh citrus-flavored fruits, oatmeal, or toast.
How to portion this recipe:
Portioning pepperoni pizza egg cups are easy because it's already done when they're cooked! Simply remove the egg cups from the muffin pan and liners to store away. Depending on how many you baked, you can have 2-3 egg cups per meal using this recipe. If you're meal prepping for a busy week, add your sides with egg cups ahead of time and refrigerate in a 2-compartment or 3-compartment meal prep container. Leftover pepperoni pizza egg cups can be frozen all together or divided into meals.
More Egg Cup meal prep recipes:
Glad you asked! We find egg cups meal prep recipes so awesome that we couldn't offer you just one.
Check out these other savory, easy, and enjoyable egg cup meal prep recipes:
Other tips for making Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups:
We want to ensure the best possible meal prep recipe experience. To give you the ultimate foodie experience in making and eating Pepperoni Pizza Egg Cups, here are some helpful tips:
- You can use egg whites instead of the entire egg.
- Add whatever you want inside of the egg cup! Fresh or sauteed veggies, cheese, meat, breadcrumbs. This is a very customizable and fun meal prep recipe to recreate and so satisfying to eat.
- If you're looking to save even more time in the morning, prepare the egg cups the night and put into the muffin pan, but don't bake. Instead of baking, put the muffin pan and egg mixtures in the refrigerator. Remove from the fridge the next immediately after waking up because the egg mixture needs to be room temperature before baking.
- Add milk for fluffy egg cups. However, if you plan on freezing pepperoni pizza egg cups, use cream instead of milk.
- You don't have to use cupcake liners. A well-greased muffin pan will work too. Use shortening or butter to coat your pan. You can also use cooking spray, baking spray, coconut oil, or even bacon fat!
- Fill muffin cups ¾ of the way, leaving room for the egg cups to rise.
- Be sure to let your pepperoni pizza egg cups cool for a few minutes before serving and storing.
- Have fun and try out different variations of egg cups! We mentioned some already, and have more in our Ultimate Guide to Making Egg Cups.