Cheesy Keto Chicken Meatballs
If you have been around Meal Prep On Fleek for a while, then you know meatballs of all kinds rank as some of our favorite meal prep recipes. And by one of our favorites, we mean, we created The Ultimate Guide To Meatballs + 20 Recipes! Have you seen it? It includes everything from carrot meatballs to spaghetti squash skillet meatball casseroles. But as much as we love those, they don’t always meet the guidelines for a good keto meatball recipe. So, we did what we knew was best and created this Cheesy Keto Chicken Meatball Meal Prep recipe for you, because one thing we believe in is equality and everyone should be able to enjoy quality meatballs. Keto or not.
As is, these keto chicken meatballs come in at 25 grams of protein per serving! So when added to your favorite vegetable base, they really are the perfect keto meal prep recipe. We especially love making these in large batches (10-20 servings, depending on how many people in your household) and freezing them for future use. Simply move as many servings as you need from the freezer and into the refrigerator a day before intended use, or pop them directly into the microwave whenever you’re ready for them. Instant keto chicken meatballs! Want some ideas for how to enjoy these in a variety of ways? We’ve got you.
Of course, like most meal prep recipes here you can swap the ground chicken for turkey, beef or even pork. If you aren’t following a low carb diet you can easily pair the keto chicken meatballs with pasta, spaghetti squash or even brown rice. If you are vegetarian or vegan, swap the ground chicken for lentils or beans and use a vegan cheese! And like almost all recipes here, Cheesy Keto Chicken Meatballs are naturally gluten-free. You knew there was a reason why you stopped by- we have all the dietary bases covered for you!
Cheesy Keto Chicken Meatballs Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chicken
2 tbsp. minced garlic
½ tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
¼ cup no salt or sugar added marinara sauce + 4 tbsp. for topping
salt to taste
dried parsley for garnish
Cheesy Keto Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken can sub ground turkey or beef
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup no salt or sugar added marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp no salt or sugar added marinara sauce for topping
- Salt to taste
- dried parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare an 8x8” baking dish by place a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom.
- In a large mixing bowl, combined the ground chicken, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and marinara sauce.
- Roll the mixture into 12 meatballs and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven then turn the oven to a low broil.
- Place remaining marinara sauce on top of each meatball and cheese on top.
- Cook 5 minutes at a low broil or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over a salad of spinach and bell pepper.