Bursting with classic BBQ flavors that taste (and look) like it was just freshly grilled, you’ll love this easy, oven baked BBQ chicken and veggies meal prep recipe!
Oven Baked BBQ Chicken and Veggies Meal Prep Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. Chicken Thighs (bone-in, skin-on)
- 4 Small Russet Potatoes (cut Hasselback style)
- 1 Bunch Asparagus (cut in half and ends trimmed)
- 4 Large Carrots (halved lengthwise)
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 C. Grape Tomatoes (optionally on the vine)
- 2 C. Fresh Green Beans (trimmed)
- 1 C. Smokey BBQ Sauce (use Whole30 compliant, if needed)
- 1/4 C. BBQ Style Spice Rub (use Whole30 complaint, if needed)
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Dried Rosemary
- 3 Tbsp. Avocado Oil (1 Tbsp. for greasing sheet pans, 1 Tbsp. for the skillet, 1 Tbsp. for tossing veggies)
- 1 tsp. Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- Optional: Lime wedges; fresh Italian parsley
Oven Baked BBQ Chicken and Veggies Meal Prep
- 2 pounds chicken thighs bone-on, skin-on
- 4 small russet potatoes cut hasselback style
- 1 bunch Asparagus cut in half and trimmed
- 4 large Carrots halved lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes
- 2 cup fresh green beans trimmed
- 1 cup Smokey BBQ Sauce use whole30 compliant, if needed
- 1/4 cup BBQ style spice rub use whole30 compliant, if needed
- 2 tbsp fried thyme
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 3 tbsp avoado oil Divided
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400℉ and line 2 large baking sheets with foil, greased with avocado oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together veggies, 1 tablespoon oil, dried thyme, dried rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper until well-coated. Layout veggies on sheet pans, potatoes, and carrots on the same pan, while green beans, tomatoes, asparagus on the other sheet pan.
- Prepare chicken by patting dry with a paper towel and season with BBQ Rub, spreading rub in an even layer all over the chicken thighs.
- Next, place chicken thighs into a cast-iron skillet, skin side up and place on middle oven rack. Cook for ~20 minutes, then flip and place back into the oven for another ~25 minutes, or until chicken has been fully cooked (internal temperature reaching 165℉).
- While the chicken cooks, place sheet pan with potatoes and carrots in oven — roast for ~45 minutes, or until tender, but firm. After potatoes and carrots have cooked for 20-25 minutes, place sheet pan of remaining veggies in the oven and let cook until green veggies are vibrant and tender (~15-20 minutes).
- Now, remove chicken from oven, drain off excess juices. Then, pour bbq sauce over chicken and evenly spread bbq sauce all over each piece of chicken until well-coated (making sure to finish with chicken thighs skin side up). Place on top oven rack and turn on broil. Let broil for 3-5 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, bubbling, and lightly charred/caramelized. Once cooked, let chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- When everything else has finished cooking, serve bbq chicken over a bed of mixed roasted veggies.
- Serve, store, and enjoy!