You definitely have to try this chicken and lemon pasta meal prep recipe. It’s super tasty and easy to make!
20 Minute Chicken and Lemon Pasta Recipe
Nutrition Tip: Lemon Peel – Lemon peels contain a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium and Vitamin C, plus fiber that can give your daily meals a nutritional boost!
20 Minute Chicken, Lemon, Broccoli, Pasta Skillet
- 3 qts Water
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 1/2 lbs Fresh Broccoli
- 1 lbs Rotini Pasta
- 1 lbs Chicken Breast cooked and diced
- 4 cups Spinach
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 1 large Lemon zested and juiced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 cup Fresh Parmesan
- Olive Oli to garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 wedge Lemon to garnish
- In a large skillet or pot, bring the salt and water to a boil.
- While you wait, prep your broccoli by trimming the stems and cutting the florets into similar sized pieces (I like mine bite-size.)
- Add the rotini and boil on high for 4 minutes. Add the broccoli, cover, and set a timer for 3 minutes (Leave the burner on high enough to keep a rolling boil).
- When the timer goes off, turn off the heat and drain the pasta using a lid or colander. Return to the pan and stir in the spinach.
- Add in chicken. Sprinkle with lemon zest. Let it sit for a few minutes so the spinach wilts.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet melt the 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. (I let mine get brown, because that's just how I roll, but that's not necessary).
- Add the minced garlic and crushed red pepper and saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Turn off the heat and add 2-3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Add the lemon butter to the pasta and stir.
- Stir in 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese. Add a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Evenly divide into prep containers