Middle Eastern Breakfast Salad Bowls
This vibrant & cool dish is reminiscent of the Mediterranean. It offers a fusion of herbs that are flavorful and healthy. Our breakfast salad bowl meal prep idea gives you a light & zesty metabolic boost first thing in the morning. This meal prep idea pairs well with sweet breakfast food and drinks like coffee and pastries. The acidity balances very well with sweets.
Our Middle Eastern Breakfast Salad Bowls meal prep idea is a mouth-watering nutrition-packed breakfast. This dish only takes 15 minutes to prep and create. Besides the poached eggs, there isn't any cooking.
Now let's get into the recipe, shall we?
How long will Middle Eastern Breakfast Salad Bowls last for?
The Middle Eastern breakfast salad bowls will last between 3 and 5 days in the refrigerator. The hummus lasts for up to five days. However, poached eggs only last for 2 days in the refrigerator.
Can Breakfast Salad Bowls be frozen?
No, breakfast salad bowls are not meant for the freezer. The reason being that these are water-soluble vegetables and wilt when frozen. These are meant for refrigeration storage.
But, good news! We have plenty of other breakfast meal prep ideas you can freeze and save for later:
- Salad Base:
- 1 Large Head Romain Lettuce (chopped/torn into manageable pieces)
- 1 English Cucumber (finely diced; reserve 1 Tbsp. for Tzatziki Sauce)
- 1 Lemon quartered into wedge slices
- 2 C. Cooked Quinoa
- 1 C. Diced Red Radishes
- ½ C. Thinly Sliced Fennel Bulb
- ½ C. Castelvetrano Olives (halved)
- ¼ C. Roughly Chopped Fresh Mint Leaves
- ¼ tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Distilled White Vinegar
- Water (enough to fill pot ¾ full)
- Tall/High-walled Cooking Pot
- Slotted Spoon
- ¼ C. Greek Yogurt (plain, unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Dill
- 5 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp. Freshly Grated/Minced Garlic
- ¼ tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
- ¼ C. Hummus
- 5 Tbsp. Mild Harissa
How do you make Middle Eastern Breakfast Salad Bowls?
First, get your ingredients together and make the poached eggs. Then make the hummus first, Tzatziki sauce, salad last. Our breakfast salad bowl meal prep idea can be divided into four meals. Eat one now (you know, just to make sure it's good) and save the rest in your fridge.
How to portion this meal prep:
This meal prep idea yields 4 servings. One egg goes with half a cup of quinoa, hummus, sauce, and salad. You can store separate meals in simple one-compartment meal prep containers. These come highly rated and are freezer friendly
More Breakfast Bowl meal prep recipes:
Here are some other delicious breakfast bowl meal prep ideas:
Other tips for making Middle Eastern Breakfast Salad Bowls:
We're sure you'll enjoy prepping this breakfast salad bowl meal prep idea. But here are a few things to remember for the best breakfast salad bowl experience.
- You can enjoy breakfast salad bowls cold or hot.
- You can add avocado. Note that it may brown.
- This is a versatile dish. You can customize it to your liking.
- Prep and enjoy this meal prep idea during the New and First Quarter Moons.
- You can add meat. Sausage is popular.
- Add buttery biscuits for a sweet taste profile and texturizing the dish.