Nutty Keto Pancake Meal Prep
Maybe you’ve heard about it, maybe you haven’t, maybe you’re even already on it. But what the heck is Keto, and why is it in our pancakes? Keto, short for the ketogenic diet, refers to the process of limiting carbs and skyrocketing fat intake to train your body to focus on using the latter for burning energy. After two to seven days the body enters a metabolic state called ketosis, when it no longer has access to enough carbs to process into energy. The body then begins to burn fat at a significantly higher and faster rate than business as usual. This diet was actually first developed to support patients suffering from seizures, but it has since taken the weight loss industry by storm.
You don’t have to be on the ketogenic diet to enjoy this meal prep recipe. But we love pancakes, and wanted to make sure that we have a version of this beloved breakfast favorite for everyone! These Keto Pancakes are made with a base mixture of almond flour, eggs, and milk- lots of healthy fat, lots of protein, and very little carbs. And we took the nutty theme all the way to the toppings. Almond butter and chopped nuts (we used hazelnuts) make the perfect texture combination of smooth and crunchy, and we simply can’t get enough.
Sugar-free pancakes that are paleo and gluten-free friendly. Serve with an almond butter drizzle and chopped nuts for a fun start to your day.
Cinnamon is an important part of this Keto Pancake recipe as well. It’s delicious and a favorite flavor in both sweet and savory cooking, but did you know that cinnamon also has a ton of health benefits? It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory spice, supports healthy blood sugar levels, and can even stimulate the metabolism. If you are here because this meal prep recipe is keto-friendly, then the addition of cinnamon is the icing on the ketogenic (pan)cake! With 27 grams of protein per serving, these Keto Pancakes are the perfect addition to any morning!
Nutty Keto Pancake Meal Prep Ingredients:
1/2 cup + 2 TBS almond flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 large eggs
1/4 cup milk
¼ cup chopped nuts
¼ cup almond butter
Nutty Keto Pancake Meal Prep
- 10 tbs almond flour not almond meal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts we used hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter or nut butter of choice
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk with a fork until fully combined and a thick.
- Let the batter to rest for 5-10 minutes to allow the almond flour to thicken.
- Preheat a greased skillet over low-medium heat. Pour scant 1/4 cup portions of batter on the hot pan. Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on each side. Continue cooking until all the batter is used up.
- Divide pancakes between airtight containers sprinkled with crushed nuts.
- Serve with almond butter drizzle.
- Store leftover pancakes in the fridge for 5-7 days.