Who's ready for a simple, freezer-friendly chili recipe? We're giving you exactly that with our Instant Pot steakhouse chili! It's a high-protein meal prep that's healthy, full of hearty and comforting ingredients that come together for tasty flavor bursts. PLUS, it won't ruin a gluten-free diet. Our freeze-friendly instant pot steakhouse chili is done in under an hour thanks to the handy dandy instant pot. Don't have an instant pot? No worries - you can make this recipe in a crockpot, but it will take longer to cook. Either way, cooking the recipe is worth the effort because you can freeze it and enjoy it anytime, even on National Chili Day!
Let the Instant Pot do all the work for an ultra-tender steakhouse-inspired chili that reheats in a pinch on busy days. This high protein stick-to-your-ribs chili is full of tender veggies and beans for a balanced meal that is ready in under an hour!
How long will Freeze-Friendly Instant Pot Steakhouse Chili last?
Once cooked, steakhouse chili lasts for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. Anything beyond that timeframe means it's freezer time! So if you don't plan on freezing Instant Pot steakhouse chili, be sure to store it in an airtight container for optimum freshness. We recommend the Good Cook Meal Prep containers for storage.
Can Freeze-Friendly Instant Pot Steakhouse Chili be frozen?
It sure can! We designed this recipe that way for your convenience! You can store the chili in freezer bags or meal prep containers. If you opt for the latter, make sure they're freezer-friendly, like these meal prep containers.
Freeze-Friendly Instant Pot Steakhouse Chili Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. beef stew meat (also labeled as stew beef)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (24 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup beef stock
- ¼ gluten-free Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
How do you make Freeze-Friendly Instant Pot Steakhouse Chili?
Our instant pot steakhouse chili is a breeze to make since the instant pot does all the work for you. All you do is add ingredients, let them cook, and you have delicious, freezer-friendly chili in under one hour!
Start with the "sauté" setting on the instant pot and add oil. Let the oil heat for 2 minutes, then add stew meat. The meat only needs 8 minutes to brown, but make sure to stir it to prevent sticking. After the beef gets nice and brown, press "cancel." Add the onion, bell peppers, celery, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, and beef stock along with seasonings to beef inside of the instant pot. Lock the lid, close the vent valve, and let all of that savory goodness cook for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, your home will smell like a Sunday family dinner gathering! Now it's time to release pot vent pressure. Add the beans to your steakhouse chili, allowing them to heat up for 2 minutes. Your freeze-friendly instant pot steakhouse chili is now ready to enjoy or store away once cooled.
How to portion Freeze-Friendly Instant Pot Steakhouse Chili?
After the chili cools or is defrosted, divvy up 4-8 cups of chili into four microwave-safe meal prep containers. Don't forget half a cup of sour cream and shredded cheese on the side!
More instant pot chili or soup meal prep recipes:
Here are more effortless and freezer-friendly meal prep recipes to keep your belly warm and satisfied!
- Instant Pot Beef Barbacoa
- White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Spicy Italian Sausage and Tortellini Soup
- Instant Pot Paleo Butternut Squash Risotto
- Chicken Pot Pie Stew
Other tips for making Freeze-Friendly Instant Pot Steakhouse Chili:
- How to freeze your steakhouse chili: Wait for the chili to cool to room temperature, then ladle single servings into freezer gallon bags or freezer-friendly containers.
- Let frozen steakhouse chili thaw for 24 hours before reheating. You can also thaw it out in a crockpot or regular pot.
- If you don't have an instant pot, you can make freeze-friendly instant pot steakhouse chili in a crockpot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours using a crockpot.
- Using an instant pot is convenient and easy, but people make mistakes, so avoid instant pot usage mistakes by reading our guide on using instant pots here.