Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake Meal Prep
Friends, there’s a lot to keep track of in this wonderful life, and sometimes we just don’t want breakfast to be one of them. Having an easy meal prep recipe on hand for the first meal of the day is invaluable, especially on busy work and school mornings. So we’re super excited to share this coffee cake meal prep with you. Coffee cake is of course a cafe favorite, and we wanted to make something that stands up to the delicious classic but with an MPOF twist. So we used gluten free flour, encourage you to use your milk of choice, and used fats and sugars only made from coconut! Pretty cool. Rest assured though that this easy meal prep still tastes like a classic coffee cake with loads of coffee flavor and a cinnamon swirl, but we hope that our swaps make it a bit less indulgent to enjoy a few times in the same week. But don’t think you have to enjoy it all at once- this easy meal prep recipe also stands up well to freezing!
Coconut oil, coconut aminos, coconut sugar, coconut butter- what the heck is all this stuff, what’s the difference between them, and why should we care? While coconut oil is simply the oil that’s been extracted from coconut meat, coconut butter is a paste that’s made from blending the flesh of fresh coconut. The result is a smooth and spreadable paste that holds its texture well and lends itself to drizzling over all kinds of things: waffles, oatmeal, granola, and, you guessed it- coffee cake! We used it as a foundation to make a super easy dairy free glaze that we may or may not currently be putting on absolutely everything ? Because of the presence of a fiber called inulin, coconut sugar has a slightly lower glycemic index than regular sugar. It’s still sugar of course, but every bit helps!
Cinnamon is another really exciting detail of this recipe. It is of course an important flavor aspect in classic coffee cake, but this spice also has some pretty incredible health benefits. It is known to be both anti-inflammatory and to support healthy blood sugar levels, in addition to supporting the cardiovascular system with its broad range of antioxidants. We hope you love this delicious and healthy twist on coffee cake as much we do!
Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake Meal Prep Ingredients:
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup cooled coffee
½ cup milk of choice
3 cups GF all-purpose flour
1 cup unrefined coconut sugar
1 TBS baking powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup unrefined coconut sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 TBS GF flour
COCONUT BUTTER GLAZE
¼ cup coconut butter
1 tsp unrefined coconut sugar
Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake Meal Prep
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1 cup coffee cooled
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 3 cups gluten free all-purpose baking flour
- 1 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs gluten free flour
Coconut Butter Glaze
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 tsp unrefined coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, melted coconut oil, and cooled coffee. Add in the coconut sugar, then sift in the flour and baking powder. Stir well to combine. The batter should be thick and sticky.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish.
- Prepare the cinnamon swirl by adding the coconut oil, unrefined coconut sugar, GF flour, and cinnamon to a bowl and whisking until light and fluffy. Drop heaping tablespoons into the baking dish and lightly swirl with a knife to distribute throughout the dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and top with optional coconut butter glaze by combining softened coconut butter with a bit of coconut sugar and drizzling over cake.
- Allow to cool completely, then slice into squares.
- To store, add 1-2 squares to meal prep containers. Keeps in the fridge for 4-5 days. Store any remaining coffee cake in the freezer for long term storage.